UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

where for Michelle?

Boss is in. So how do I tell her? Email?

both Ange. i have a job to go to on Monday (one of my clients!!) and I just want today to be my last day, but I feel like I'm leaving her in the sh*t. I hate confrontations and I think she will go ballistic (and I'm quite scared of her!)

I would do what Di suggests, check your contract but you have been there less than

3 months so are you still on probation, if so you can probably walk

I'll call her if you like, I quite enjoy confrontations lol :laugh:

Claz & Dad :GroupHug:

Ange - 14 months, where's the pics woman ? :mad: :ohmy: :laugh:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind thoughts for my Dad. No news from Mum yet but I guess it's only a couple of hours into a hospitals 'test' type peoples day.

Sam will tell you what a stubborn bloke my Dad is :ninja: He is fiercely independent and I really can't imagine him coping well with his body not doing what it's told and not being able to communicate articulately. My mother is also quite frail and I don't know how she'd manage to care for him, living in the middle of nowhere, like they do.

Basingstoke is a brilliant hospital. Ive been there so many times for various injuries. Kyra actually went with her wellies full of blood. They seem to attract top staff from London who want to move away from humanity so your dad will be in fantastic hands.

My dad has been treated there for a rip in his heart muscle playing football and he has just started ice hockey again. The hospital are particularly good for "gentlemen of a certain age"

Six month probabtion, so I dont have to give any notice. Sod it, I'l talk to her in a bit and stop beign a chicken. If she goes mad, I'll do what Ange said and ruN!

My best careers advice yet :unsure:

I hope you can run faster than I can :unsure: :laugh:

Good luck Cheryl :flowers:

Nige, I did post a few photos of M-M in here the other day, taken at the weekend, they're on her blog:

http://www.minnie-moo.com/ :)

cheryl33, you have the whip hand here. If she gets nasty, you can tell her that she can choose the easy way i.e. she is polite and you work until going home time today, or the hard way which means you walk straight out of the door.

Claz, thinking of your mum and dad :GroupHug:

Everything will be crossed here for Jules at 2.30.

There are some truly frightful bosses and managers around. It surely proves the Peter principle - people rise through the ranks to their level of incompetence and stay there. I've had some vile ones in the independent care sector, don't get me started :rolleyes: Drunk, dishonest, unscrupulous, exploitative. My last boss tippexed out all staff injuries in the accident book, and threw a strop with me when I refused to be on call after retiring to do relief shifts for cash in hand under the pretence of being a volunteer. She was one of the nicer ones.

The hospital are particularly good for "gentlemen of a certain age"

Thanks for the Basingstoke Hospital info, Lesley. Nice to know he's in good hands. If you can imagine a mixture of John Thaw in Goodnight Mr Tom, Victor Meldrew and Dr Magnus Pike, that's my dad. Kindly, cantankerous and an eccentric genius, all in one person.

Cheryl, this is like waiting for the 'Dum Dum Dum' moment in Eastenders - can you do the deed so we're put out of our misery over which way the plot turns?!

Cheryl you are probably best just doing it and getting it out of the way as you're keeping yourself in suspense and getting more worried/agitated etc. She may surprise you and just be shocked. She has done this to herself as she has made life unbearable for you in there. :GroupHug: