UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jade Goody

cheryl33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Differing thoughts here :unsure: On one hand I would want to get as much money as I could to ensure my children were looked after if my life was at an end, on the other hand I would also want to raise money to help others in the same situation, cynically I feel the reports that she has only days to live are maybe a ruse from Max Clifford :unsure:

I have to say that I admire her. Yes she blotted her copy book at one time and was tried by the media in such an awful way but she made amends and closed that chapter of her life. I think this time it's a case of 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. The media gets their story and she gets a heap of money for her boy's. It's just a shame that they constantly refer to her as 'Jade Goody, who is dying from cancer'. So no, I don't find it distasteful at all and if it makes people sit up and talk about Cancer and make us all more aware of Cancer and stops people referring to it as 'the big c' and maybe donate more often into the research of Cancer then well done her.

I think it sad that somebody who is dying is seen as a form of entertainment :sad02:

It seems to be the way of things today.

Max Clifford has said that it should stop with the wedding.

I suppose she has been influencial in getting more woman to have a smear test, but I don't think that was her intention.

She lived her life in the public eye before becoming ill and has continued to do so. It's what she 'does for a living' and gets well paid for it by the media, who are giving the public what they want.

I can't criticise her at all for what she is doing now. She's making the best of a bl**dy horrible situation to try to give her boys the best life she can after she's gone :( She said recently that she knew she was ignorant and that she wanted the boys to have the best education possible so that they won't be. Good for her.

Although I've never paid her the slightest bit of attention and only became aware that she was dying at the beginning of the week, I think she's being extremely brave and selfless for the sake of her family, if she can manipulate the press and get some cash then good for her.

Well, I'm going to be very controversial and confess that I couldn't care less about her. All she's famous for is being stupid, ugly, fat, gobby and racist. I think she's a complete attention seeker, loads of people have cancer and don't make such a song and dance about it. As for the sham marriage to the chav boyfriend, it's not very long ago that he called her 'the cashpoint' in the media while he was off with other women. He's going to be quids in when she's gone and, I assume, that's all he's bothered about.

The woman has no dignity or pride and all this media hype is engineered to get her the sympathy vote so people who are nicer than me forget what an obnoxious creature she has proved herself to be time and time again.

This might sound mean, I don't care, I'm not going to say nice things about somebody I can't stand just because she's dying of an illness that millions struggle with every single day.

I agree she was horribly racist (which was the first time I thought badly of Jade as prior to that I had found her funny), but she seems to have made her peace with Shilpa, who has spoken supportively of her.

I am not sure Jack is making money from her - the money she is making at the moment is, I read, all going to the boys, I don't think he is getting a penny and I thought she had lost money previously made.

Yes people are suffering from cancer all the time, we lost a close and very dear relative at the end of last year and have just heard another relative is suffering, but I don't object to what Jade is doing. She seems to be thinking entirely of her boys and I won't criticise her for that.

I have never been a fan of hers but I will say that I thought she was very aggressive on the Big Brother show but I didn't think she was racist .She is coarse,common,loud,ignorant...a lot of things but I think that race row was stirred up to please the media.

I dont blame her for wanting to raise money for her boys,to make sure that they have a secure future. I would do ANYTHING to help my kids if i was in her position.If she can raise money by allowing her wedding and the last stages of her life to be in the public eye then why not? She has spent the last few years doing the exact same thing ! If it helps raise awareness amongst other women for cervical cancer then that is good too. I had cervical cancer when I was 30 and I was one of the lucky ones because they found it in its early stages but I totally fell apart. I couldn't have put on a brave face like she is doing. I thought that I was going to die and leave my 5 kids behind and I was totally wiped out. I was terrified so I applaud and admire her for what she is doing. My only criticism is that all the money is for her family,it would be nice if she donated some to cancer research or to a charity that looks after cancer patients. That would show that she cared about other sufferers. I hope she lives long enough to enjoy her wedding and see her boys christened. Good luck to you Jade Goody. She is a mum looking out for her kids x

I never watched her on either of the B.B. shows so all I know of her is what I've read in the papers, yes she's ignorant/thick/stupid but if she can raise loads of money to give her children a good education and a better life than she has had then good for her, she appears to be a very good mum to her boys despite her own upbringing. I'm another one that had cervical cancer ( I was 33 ) and the fear that I was going to die and never see my brats grow up was horrible and I hate the thought of other people going through the same. I believe because of her illness there has been a 20% increase in females going for a smear test which can only be a good thing. I hope she has a great day today and that she survives just a little bit longer to enjoy her boys and her new husband who I think is a plank and who I'm sure will make loads of money after Jade has passed selling his story about what her last few weeks/days were like.

I do not blame Jade Goody for one second for turning a horrible situation into something which she knows will provide for her boys after she's left them. However, all the attention and support that she gets: wedding dress donated by Harrods (nice publicity stunt from Al Fayed, who I think is a total d!ck), and even Gordon Brown voicing his support on telly, to name but a few things, must be a slap in the face to people who suffer from similar illnesses, who aren't famous for being a silly gobshite.

It must be horrible to be told that you will die soon, but even more horrible when you hear people clutching at straws and spend every last penny, loans and what have ya, on medication that they cannot get through the NHS, and then die anyway, unable to leave their children and other family with anything but a huge debt :( :(

I don't blame her one bit for doing what she is. She wants the future secured for her boys and I can't imagine that many mothers wouldn't want that.

Yes it's uncomfortable to watch, but she knows that and she still does it. I haven't watched her TV show but I watch the news clips and I read about in magazines/internet.

I have always liked Jade, she has never pretended to be anything that what she is - someone that just got lucky. The Shilpa situation was blown out of all proportion by the press in my opinion. I don't believe she is racist.

The marriage is what she wants, and if the press is to be believed ( :rolleyes: ) then Jack is not going to inherit. She just wants what many young woman want - the big bay, the party, the fairy tale wedding.

I just hope she has a wonderful day and enjoys it all as best she can.

I have never had any strong opinion about Jade Goody she was just one of the z listers who appeared on everything. I did see her in action on the BB race row episode though & instantly disliked her, she was crude, bullying & in my opinion intimidated by someone who is everything she isn't. She had an absolute crap start in life so it is to her credit that she managed to do something with her life even though it wasn't exactly high brow stuff!

There are plenty of people in her current situation and I guess some of them would take the opportunity if it was offered to make money for their loved ones, after the wedding I think she should leave the publicity at that.

I never liked the girl and can't understand this trend/obsession for 'celebrityism' that seems to have taken over everything now.

However as someone who works in the NHS and is aware of how many more women are booking in for smears now because of the publicity around Jade at the moment I have to thank her for what she's achieved.She has managed to do what the NHS has tried to do through huge publicity drives and that is to massively boost smear uptake numbers.Because of Jade many women's lives will be saved and for that I thank her sincerely.