UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who's Got Snow?

boosboss

Do you live in an arty-farty area or something? :unsure: Or is all of London that sophisticated?
Maybe with so much of London being shut down there's lots of people with too much time on their hands :unsure: :laugh:

Nope, it's arty-farty alright! Even the street furniture is designer, Zandra Rhodes and Anthony Gormley designs no less :laugh:

Edited by boosboss

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fecking fuming with Ians nasty boss :angry: He phoned Ian a billion times yesterday to check up on him because Ian had decided it was safer working from home. He was told if he had today off he'd have to take it as holiday plus he'd be taken off-call tonight (he does call out work on the computer at home so that's not affected by the weather) :angry: He got up early to clear the snow from his car and the driveway. It took him half an hour to reach the main road and he barely left second gear all along the A420 as far as Kingston Bagpuize. He arrived at work two minutes late and got a good telling off for it :angry: Everyone else got there on time apparently :rolleyes: His boss doesn't believe we got so much snow last night as according to him it didn't snow in Oxford or Abingdon. Well it did snow. More snow than we got Monday. It was a blizzard out there last night. I've listened to BBC Radio Oxford this morning to hear if the schools were closed and they reported around a dozen accidents between Kingston Bagpuize & Shrivenham (we're inbetween those). I didn't take Georgia to nursery and good job too because it took Ians mum an hour to get there because of an accident just outside the village. Ian just called and asked me to upload snowy photos from this morning to Facebook so he can show his barsteward of a boss just what it's like here and how he risked his neck :angry:

Some people don't deserve to manage others. It's very cr@p when you need to *prove* something to someone that you work for and should trust you anyway.

Our snow is melting away rather rapidly at the moment.

I wish as a boss I could agree with that. I had two staff members take two full days off.

One said she was sick, with the same bug that wiped me out last week. She arrived today (when the schools went back - she has teenage kids able to stay at home alone) fit as a fiddle. I am still coughing, and have a nasty cold, a week after my illness.

The other didn't even attempt to come in - I have a 4x4 and could've diverted to her house - she lives on a hill but has a husband who refuses to drive in snow, even if he can (he also has undeclared diabetes and eye problems related to that undeclared to the dvla but don't start me on that one). The hill was too bad to get down, apparently, even in slush. Even though others in the village did and my secretary who also lives a similar distance, on a hill, walked into work - now that's what I call dedication.

I still think that they both skived, but I can't prove it, but I am fuming. Trust works both ways - if like Cheryl's hubby he'd tried and made the effort, no matter how late he got there, I'd heap praise... but I just can't. I'd love to make both take holiday but I bet I'd be sued to the hilt if i tried... yet I've had literally no cover in that department for 2 whole days when the rest of the country was working and calling us. :angry: :(