UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come back from walking the boys, and the main road hasn't been gritted. There's 3-4 inches of snow out there!

Rang work as the night shift will be waiting to go home and apparently none of the roads in Swindon have been gritted either :rolleyes: I am not looking forward to the drive in, but have decided to stay in my warm dog walking clothes, boots etc and will just trundle on in. Thankfully the girl who was on nights last night isn't back tonight and said she's fine to wait until me and co-worker get in, so doesn't matter how long I take.

Morning. I don't know why I'm up so early :unsure:

I love the pic of the Sri Lankan man and his dog :wub:

We've had no snow since Monday, and even then it was all gone by Tuesday morning. Take care everyone who has to go out in it.

Michelle, good luck with the job application :flowers:

Thanks for the good wishes for my meeting with the boss. I was quite pleased with myself, I managed to get my points across clearly and calmly (a first for me) and what I said seemed to come as no surprise. She knows what's going on and and is sorting it as she doesn't want to lose any of us, but at the same time she brought this person in to bring on some members of the team so we can grow the company, which I can understand. I tried to explain it's not personal and it wasn't so much what this person was doing so much as how it was being done. Words are cheap though, so we will see :)

I'm at work now. Took an hour and 10 minutes to do a journey which usually takes about 30-35 minutes. None of the roads around here have been gritted, not even the main roads. Idiot people thinking its safe to drive faster than the conditions allow. I don't think I went about 30mph during the whole journey. Even the main dual carriageway into Swindon was pretty much one lane.

I cant beleive how many idiots are still using my lane as a short cut this morning. The main roads have been gritted, but obviously country lanes like ours have not. In order to save a few mins, people are turning onto my lane, spinning and sliding about and navigating the bends etc just to save 1/4 of a mile. dozy beggers :unsure:

Just come back from walking the boys, and the main road hasn't been gritted. There's 3-4 inches of snow out there!

Rang work as the night shift will be waiting to go home and apparently none of the roads in Swindon have been gritted either :rolleyes: I am not looking forward to the drive in, but have decided to stay in my warm dog walking clothes, boots etc and will just trundle on in. Thankfully the girl who was on nights last night isn't back tonight and said she's fine to wait until me and co-worker get in, so doesn't matter how long I take.

Both Rob & Nick weren't here when I got up, but there is only 1 set of footprints walking up the path :wacko: so it looks like we had more snow between Nick leaving at 5:30 am and Rob leaving at 7am. Feck knows how bad the roads will be for Rob to get to work - it's a 20 mile drive along windy lanes mirroring the M4 but the news has said the M4 at Swindon is almost at a standstill :wacko: apparently the council only has about 20% of their grit left so now even the main roads aren't going to get gritted.