UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

I'm sort of dieting on the quiet.

I didn't post that I was re-starting WW on 10th Jan as I was embarassed at how much weight I had to lose :ohmy:

I am going with my OH Gary and Courtney and I am hoping to lose 6 stone (see told you it was embarassing)

At my weigh in on Saturday morning, I had lost a total of 15lbs so at least I'm on the road now.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sort of dieting on the quiet.

I didn't post that I was re-starting WW on 10th Jan as I was embarassed at how much weight I had to lose :ohmy:

I am going with my OH Gary and Courtney and I am hoping to lose 6 stone (see told you it was embarassing)

At my weigh in on Saturday morning, I had lost a total of 15lbs so at least I'm on the road now.

Thats fantastic loss. :partytime: Well done!

I'm not sure if SW will be cancelled tonight as weigh in is at 5.30pm? Just waiting for a text/call. I did hear that the snow is supposed to get heavy later so pretty sure it will be called off. If not, I think the walk there and back might help me shift a couple of pounds as no way am I driving up and down the hill to get there :laugh:

Went and got weighed on Friday evening, but stayed the same. Probably due to being on nights which always seems to have an effect on my weight loss. Have been to see the CD lady this morning and have lost another 2lbs, so thats half a stone in the last few weeks :biggrin:

And I had chips yesterday lunchtime :blush: :laugh:

I discovered Slimfast 90 calorie choccie bars last week. Yay. They are yummy and a not-too-naughty fix. Unfortunately it defeats the object if you buy a weeks worth and eat the whole lot over the weekend :blush02:

Surprisingly I've not lost anything in the last few days :unsure:

Well done those of you with better willpower than me :rolleyes:

Well Done to those that have lost this/last week :flowers:

I weighed in today and another 5lb gone, which makes 2st and half a pound total :pinkie: :elefant:

Thats excellent! So when are you going clothes shopping? :biggrin:

Went and got weighed on Friday evening, but stayed the same. Probably due to being on nights which always seems to have an effect on my weight loss. Have been to see the CD lady this morning and have lost another 2lbs, so thats half a stone in the last few weeks :biggrin:

And I had chips yesterday lunchtime :blush: :laugh:

Well done Wendy. A little bit of what you like doesnt harm you. :biggrin: I hate a plateful of syn free chips on Monday :biggrin:

I discovered Slimfast 90 calorie choccie bars last week. Yay. They are yummy and a not-too-naughty fix. Unfortunately it defeats the object if you buy a weeks worth and eat the whole lot over the weekend :blush02:

Surprisingly I've not lost anything in the last few days :unsure:

Well done those of you with better willpower than me :rolleyes:

Claire, you will get there. You just need the right frame of mind. Have you got lots 'going on' at the moment? I found if I sit and right out a menu for the next weeks dinners that helps stop me nibbling on things, especially nice things.

I only lost 1lb on Monday, but better lost than put on. :) I am going to try harder this week. :rolleyes:

Hey a pound off is better than one on :flowers:

Claire, you will get there. You just need the right frame of mind. Have you got lots 'going on' at the moment? I found if I sit and right out a menu for the next weeks dinners that helps stop me nibbling on things, especially nice things.

To be honest I've mostly got lots going on. The job eats up a lot of hours cos I don't get home till 7. Between that and doing dogs and trying to keep a tidy(ish) house for 2 lodgers and a long distance relationship... there's not a lot of spare time left. I didn't actually deserve to lose anything the last few days, I had a fairly nawty weekend.

I've got an at-home-Matt-free-probably-snowed-in weekend ahead of me, this weekend, so I'm going to try to work out a whole week of menus and shop for them and behave properly next week (and then wreck it all over Valentines!)

Edited by ClazUK

(and then wreck it all over Valentines!)

:rolleyes:

That's a negative way of looking at it. If you really want to lose weight, you will, you'll find the willpower and decide that the need to lose is greater than the need to eat the bad things. Without being rude, your working hours aren't any worse than anyone elses, to be honest, sounds like excuses :unsure: One of my excuses used to be that working a 12 hour day, by the time I got home I didn't have time to cook anything healthy, so just ate rubbish. Have you got an electric steamer? My parents bought me one and for the weeks that I eat proper food, its fab - veg done in 10 minutes.

If you know you're going to stuff yourself with naughty things, don't buy them!! If you have the Slimfast bars as a treat or snack at work, keep them at work. If you can't trust yourself not to eat a weeks worth, buy them one at a time. Try and work out when are your 'naughty' times and make sure you don't have naughty foods nearby.

You've got to want to lose weight if you're going to succeed :flowers:

Hey a pound off is better than one on :flowers:

To be honest I've mostly got lots going on. The job eats up a lot of hours cos I don't get home till 7. Between that and doing dogs and trying to keep a tidy(ish) house for 2 lodgers and a long distance relationship... there's not a lot of spare time left. I didn't actually deserve to lose anything the last few days, I had a fairly nawty weekend.

I've got an at-home-Matt-free-probably-snowed-in weekend ahead of me, this weekend, so I'm going to try to work out a whole week of menus and shop for them and behave properly next week (and then wreck it all over Valentines!)

I can recommend a slow-cooker too Claire. :) My problem is lack of imagination too. Being veggie, everything I ate had cheese in it/on it/ or with it. :rolleyes: Now on SW, I am having to find recipes which have alternatives to cheese/butter/ cream etc. I get the SW magazine which has good recipes and there are lots of ideas on the website that really do only take 10 minutes of so to do. If you want me to get you a magazine, give me a shout. :flowers:

Oh and I think Alpen Light do a choc/orange cereal bar which you can have two of as a healthy extra if you need a chocolate fix. :flowers: