UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rmf January 2009

boosboss

Alex, how is your dear little soldier Max today?

I couldn't seem to get warm last night so have had broken sleep. I am going to go in search of a big warm

very cheap

bedspread later today.

He's not himself at all, poor boy :( His eye seems to be changing slightly again but I'm not 100% sure so will have to watch it. He seems really down/tired :(

Re the bedspread, a fleece or microfibre blanket (if you can get a big one) works just as well, is much easier to wash and dry, and you don't have to worry about dirty dog paws on it - plus will probably be cheaper. I have a bedspread in my wardrobe that never gets used cos it's too heavy, too big to wash properly in the washing machine and a nightmare to get dry :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :wacko: Still coughing, chest still gunky, and plagued by returning shingles pain. I keep telling myself I will feel a whole lot better by this time next week.

You are right of course, Alex and everyone who has commented on my situation. Offspring in question should have had kick in pants long ago. It's surprisingly common though, grown-up children being nasty about parent going out with someone on the grounds that it's not decent for senior people. I suspect in some cases it's really about inheritance, wills and houses. :rolleyes:

It's sunny today and maybe not quite as cold.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to Max.

Poor Max :( :GroupHug:

Big :GroupHug: for all the people feeling down at the minute.

Does anyone know where my week off went :unsure: I don't seem to have done any of the things on my To Do list.

I am a grumpy bunny. My Craghoppers order came this morning, minus the warm walking trousers I wanted for my holidays. The website shows the whole order as having been delivered and the customer helpline is not open until Monday which won't give enough time to get a replacement. That will be me with freezing legs then :mad:

happy birthday kazz :flowers:

Thank you :flowers:

morning. my bloody senile greyhound woke me up at 7.15 whineing and wailing so i shot downstairs thinking he needed out. nope, he just lay looking at me and went back to sleep :wacko:

Oops typical :rolleyes:

Owl :GroupHug:

more :GroupHug: for poorly Max

It is so cold this morning. I'm still in my dressing gown. Should really get backside in gear and take dogs out shortly

Morning :wacko: Still coughing, chest still gunky, and plagued by returning shingles pain. I keep telling myself I will feel a whole lot better by this time next week.

You are right of course, Alex and everyone who has commented on my situation. Offspring in question should have had kick in pants long ago. It's surprisingly common though, grown-up children being nasty about parent going out with someone on the grounds that it's not decent for senior people. I suspect in some cases it's really about inheritance, wills and houses. :rolleyes:

It's sunny today and maybe not quite as cold.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to Max.

Morning Phebe :wavey:

Blooming cold here - 4 below :bigtonstuck:

The coughing is the bit I still have, seem to have got over the snotty nose bit reasonably quickly, but hacking like I'm a 60 a day person - and I've never smoked :rolleyes:

As for the grown-up children bit, I think some is to do with money issues, especially now.

But sometimes they just can't seem to deal with the thought that their parent might actually want to have a bit of romance/ love/ sex in their lives - not at their age :blush02: :sick02:

Such things are only for their generation (even though they themselves are probably well the wrong side of 25 :laugh: )

Enjoy your day with the boingy one and Polly :)

Morning all

:GroupHug: for all poorly people and pets :wub: Just off for new hair-cut in honour of new job on Monday ... HELP!!! Hope they have the bloody heating on full blast and the water is hot :laugh:

Thanks for the kind thoughts for Alan in the plane that crashed yesterday :flowers: They say another 2 bodies have been discovered but have not named them yet, am hoping it is not another 2 we know :(

We saw a picture of Harry last night (chap who got beat up NYE) and it made me :mecry: We are off to visit him this afternoon and by the look of his photograph he is totally unrecognisable and the consultant has said they will have to reconstruct his face. The police have said that the guy arrested will probably get a minimum of 10 years.

Morning all

:GroupHug: for all poorly people and pets :wub: Just off for new hair-cut in honour of new job on Monday ... HELP!!! Hope they have the bloody heating on full blast and the water is hot :laugh:

Thanks for the kind thoughts for Alan in the plane that crashed yesterday :flowers: They say another 2 bodies have been discovered but have not named them yet, am hoping it is not another 2 we know :(

We saw a picture of Harry last night (chap who got beat up NYE) and it made me :mecry: We are off to visit him this afternoon and by the look of his photograph he is totally unrecognisable and the consultant has said they will have to reconstruct his face. The police have said that the guy arrested will probably get a minimum of 10 years.

Good luck at the hairdressers and on Monday :)

So sorry to hear about your friends :(

Think we get a bit blase hearing about tragedies on the news but this is what brings home the real awfulness of it all.

:GroupHug: to you and all the families involved.

After a late night of playing rhyming words and being silly, we had a lie-in this morning.

People on the Refuge being silly - I'm shocked that you could say such a thing Wendbert :ohmy: :ohmy:

It was fun though :laugh: :laugh:

Billy - re the tyre thing, if you do need a new one or need a repair, then I can recommend a really good cheap place in Eccles where they repaired mine (which had a slow puncture) for £8. Re Mal, if it were me I'd take him to the vet to be on the safe side :flowers:

Ooooh, I'd love to get details of the place Alex, thanks! :flowers: Would you know if they're open on Sundays?

Hope you feeling better soon Owl :flowers:

I don't understand the "upset" about senior people having relationships at all. One of my favourite memories of working at the veg stall was this older couple (they might have been together for 40 years or 40 days, who knows!) who used to come and buy veg. They'd often walk up holding hands and walk off holding hands and shopping bags, LOL! I always thought that that was the nicest thing :) My dad died over 20 years ago, and I've been regularly telling my mum how happy I'd be for her if she'd find someone else - but she doesn't want to. It's the other way round at ours I suppose :rolleyes:

He should get bloody life with no parole! :mad: Continued bestest recovery wishes to Harry :flowers:

Today is the anniversary of my grandma's death. I've got a few things to do today but this evening plan to light a candle and have a little drink to toast the memory of a very special and wonderful lady :wub:

:GroupHug: Sounds a lovely way to remeber your grandma

Crisis at the house of Tikka :ohmy:

Went to the freezer and I have no veggie sausages for my customary Saturday morning sausage sarnie :ohmy:

I've got some in my freezer you can have :laugh: I has sausage sarnies for my tea last night!

Thinking of you Jan and your friend in hospital and those killed in the plane crash :GroupHug:

Mrs Owl - sorry about silly man!

You lot talking about washing last night reminded me I must get a load in today - have to decide whether to do bedding or clothes - will the excitement never end :laugh:

I might also have to get dressed at some point - though my new fleecy pjs I got for christmas are very warm and comfy :laugh: