UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Year's Eve / Hogmanay Plans?

purple_mog

Clare I've been waiting for someone to make tea for ages :elefant:

I'd like mine really, really strong, not too much milk and no sugar ta :speak_cool:

I have access to Ruby's wine so if anyone wants a glass or 3 shout up. Mind you it's mainly red, but there is 1 bottle of white and 3 of rose :smile_anim:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

We're having a quiet one as well. We had my dear old Grandad's funeral this afternoon and so we're staying in as not in much of a party mood.

We have my BIL's pooch, Ben, staying over so Ruby has a pal to see in the New Year with. They've been walked, fed and watered and are now fast asleep.

We've just pigged out on all the leftover food, cakes, biscuits etc in readiness for the obligatory New Yr diet :rolleyes: :laugh:

We'll also take in a bit of Jools Holland and hope we keep awake to see in 2009.

I hope everyone has a happy one and a healthy one :)

Nuffink :biggrin: I have gin, yummy food, will probably watch Meet The Fokkers for the 843rd time followed by luffly Jools Holland. The kids are downstairs playing on the Wii and are intent on staying up. They're so excited :wub:

I'm making Rob watch Meet The Fokkers too. He finds it all so cringey he has to look away but I love it :)

I'd love a cup of decaff tea with soya milk if that's not too awkard :flowers:

Me, son and my Mum went into Cardiff to see the lights and the winterwonderland. Went on the dodgems with 10 yr old son. I let him drive :laugh: lets say he got into the spirit of it and chased all the other cars around and crashed into everyone!! He had a fantastic time "the best ever" We were home by 8.00 (have thawed out now). Will be watching a film and playing monopoly (sponge bob version) and kids will be statying up til 12.0 I have wine :)

I think I'm a bit late on this thread but let's just say, I'll be going to bed well before midnight, sadly. I used to enjoy New Year's Eve celebrations but I'm now too old/boring to be queue-ing for drinks etc!!

It's been a horrid day, with my first phone call today from the hospital asking me to visit my Mum who is now sufering dementia :mecry: She thought the staff were trying to killl her and was threatening them :mecry: So after a 3 hours stop at the hospital, I joined a queue to get parked at Tesco! Having bought a few essentials, like dog food, cat food and wine, I got home - mucked out my horse, took Tammy & Gemma to the vet, cooked dinner and have now sat down here, and quite frankly, can't wait for my bed!!

I think our 2009 New Year might be just a quiet night in :laugh: :laugh:

Happy New Year to everyone, lets hope 2009 brings lots of happy events :)

We're having a quiet one as well. We had my dear old Grandad's funeral this afternoon and so we're staying in as not in much of a party mood.

Have a big :GroupHug:

We are following the time honoured NYE tradition here. OH is fast asleep in the chair, hounds and cat are dozing in a pile in front of the fire and I'm having a glass of something and getting my PJs on ready for bed. And that's just how I like it :biggrin:

Happy New Year to everyone, I hope 2009 is kind to you all :flowers: