UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Late Night Shopping At Asda

lazydaisy

As we don't do Christmas it's not been a problem as all normal shopping done on Monday! (Smug grin)! Apparently the local Asda was stripped last night and there was a road rage incident on the car park that involved the police in the end. :unsure: The shops will be closed for TWO DAYS so what's the point?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shops will be closed for TWO DAYS so what's the point?

For me, I got mine all done on friday because from saturday onwards the kennels was too busy to guarantee i could get out, and its manic right through untill about 4th jan. I guess some of us genuinely were buying for the entire holiday with good reason :unsure:

As we don't do Christmas it's not been a problem as all normal shopping done on Monday! (Smug grin)! Apparently the local Asda was stripped last night and there was a road rage incident on the car park that involved the police in the end. :unsure: The shops will be closed for TWO DAYS so what's the point?

Shops are only closed for ONE DAY actually :flowers:

The point is that most of us want to have a nice Christmas dinner with lovely fresh veg and a turkey buttie for tea on nice fresh bread. Nothing wrong with that is there? :santa:

Edited by Gemstone

It's kind of sad that they can't even manage to stay closed for 2 days to allow their staff to take time off. I know lots of people have to work Christmas, but really I don't think shop workers are doing such a vital emergency thing that people shouldn't be able to get by without them for a couple of days while they have a bit of time with their families. I know the shops say they are all volunteers, but I am pretty dubious about how 'volunteer' they are at the best of times, let alone when so many people are afraid for their jobs.

I went to my local Tescos at 06.00am on Christmas Eve to get the fresh veg. etc and the staff were standing around with nothing to do. Probably because the shelves were practically empty as they were waiting for a delivery!

I went a few miles further to another Tesco, got there at 6.20 am, everywhere stocked up and got everything I wanted with no problems. Even managed to enjoy the shopping trip as the store wasnt too crowded.

I stupidly thought that I could go to our local tesco for a few bits this lunchtime as I usually do........couldn't even get a parking space :wacko: so went 3 miles down the road to sainsburys where I parked immediately :rolleyes:

I think the problem here is that as well as people shopping for new year, tesco and M&S next door both have sales.

Martyn popped to ASDA this afternoon to get some bits and said it was manic in there and the shelves were empty again. We felt very sorry for one of the staff in there on Xmas Eve. Martyn had been in a a few days before to do the main shop and this lad was there saying how he was working 12 hour shifts and had been doing double shifts with an hour break. He saw him on Wednesday being led off by a couple of other members of staff leaning on them. Probably through exhaustion and/or a virus. Now I can only think and hope he was daft to be accepting lots of overtime and make hay while the sun shined. I do feel really sorry for people that work in shops this time of year and at bank holidays. It's madness. We coped well in the past when shops weren't open around the clock and every day.

I am kind of hoping OH will go to the shops on the way home ............. as I asked him to do last night, 'cept he said the car parks in every supermarket he passed were too full to get in to ............... and I've been busy doing the vet runs this week and trying to fit in normal working hours as well and fitting a supermarket shop in as well has been one step too far.

We'll see what happens.

However we could be having an "interesting" New Year if he doesn't, given that I was too 'icky for weeks before Christmas to care what was in the fridge, so stocks of everything are at an all time low. Apart from loads of dried fruit and suet for the mincemeat I didn't make 'cause my cooker broke!

Fortunately, I starting cooking dinner at 7.00 am this morning, so that's one meal we will be having.