UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Warning

incapuppy

I'm using Chrome but I am missing my spellchecker. Can you add one to the Chrome toolbar does anyone know :unsure:

Here are the instructions:

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/a...mp;answer=95604

Do you type too fast? Google Chrome has a built-in spell-checker to automatically check what you're typing into web forms and text fields. To access settings for the spell-checker, follow these steps:

Click the Tools menu .

Select Options.

Click the Minor Tweaks tab.

Click the Change font and language settings button.

In the 'Fonts and Languages' dialog box, click the Languages tab.

You can adjust the following settings at the bottom of the dialog box:

Turn the spell-checker off

Deselect the 'Check spelling' checkbox if you don't want to see red squiggly lines underlining misspelled words.

Change the language for the spell-checker dictionary

Select your preference in the 'Spell-checker language' drop-down menu. It may take a few minutes to download the selected dictionary and for the updated setting to take place.

Click OK .

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd tried Chrome before but tbh it didn't do that well on my old laptop, but it seems much more compatible with this one, I'm going to try changing the spell checker thing, I had a bit of bother getting my googlemail onto the Chrome page but got that now, I do miss the currency converter I had on iGoogle :(

I'm so dense about these things.I access internet via BTyahoo icon - is this safe? :blush02:

When you open your Browser it should have a Help menu. If you look in there there's usually an opton that says "about xxxxxx" which will tell you what software and version you are using.

If it's Internet Explorer then it's worth thinking about changing :glare:

I use Firefox, I love it and have never had any problems using it to access The Refuge or any other sites except a couple of people's personal home-made web pages where the layout went a bit funny (but they might have been the same in IE).

When you open your Browser it should have a Help menu. If you look in there there's usually an opton that says "about xxxxxx" which will tell you what software and version you are using.

Thank you - it's IE6.Vaguely remember installing 7 and having huge problems with attachments to e-mails so deleting it and reinstalling 6.Will use Firefox (have it installed already) for banking etc.

A patch has now been issued by Microsoft to deal with this

Great :biggrin:

We've all installed Google Chrome here and I really like it, but the annoying thing (to me) is how it can't pick up my bookmarks from my Google toolbar on IE :wacko: I love most of the other features though - especially how it opens my favourite sites in new tabs from the start :biggrin:

Great :biggrin:

We've all installed Google Chrome here and I really like it, but the annoying thing (to me) is how it can't pick up my bookmarks from my Google toolbar on IE :wacko: I love most of the other features though - especially how it opens my favourite sites in new tabs from the start :biggrin:

I'm sure it got all my bookmarks, it did take me a few minutes to realise it was now on the right of the page rather than the left................................... :whistle:

I'm sure it got all my bookmarks, it did take me a few minutes to realise it was now on the right of the page rather than the left................................... :whistle:

I've told it to install them but there's nothing there (and I've looked on the right of the page :D ). I Googled it this morning and it says that they are unable to sync them yet :unsure: I find it very odd when they're both organised by the same company :wacko: I've got billions of bookmarks all organised into their own separate folders on IE because I used bookmarks rather than favourites so that they were easy to access from anywhere - other than Google Chrome apparently :rolleyes: