UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Catherine Chook A Safe Journey.

phoebejo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun at the bridge Catherine chook, Clem chicky will look after you.

I hope somebody like Clem does find her because the four weeks she spent here were fairly miserable, at the very bottom of the pecking order :mecry:

Emily is so upset. We've all got our own chickens and Catherine was officially mine but Emily would spend literally hours cuddling her. Catherine was always thspeshul and would lie happily for hours being cuddled and Emily called her Cuddly Chicken. Emilys own chickens Eliza and Tallulah weren't as affectionate so she really enjoyed her special time with Catherine. I think Eliza and Tallulah will be subjected to cuddles today whether they like it or not! Even Ian is upset. He blames himself, thinks he didn't try hard enough with her over the weekend. I was at work so he was in charge of feeding her and in actual fact she ate more for him than she did for me. He doesn't have anything to do with the other animals but has always involved himself with the chickens.

I knew there was something different about Catherine from the day she arrived. She was stunningly beautiful, each feather a miniature work of art. We'll miss her so much :mecry:

I've just got back from leaving her body at the vets. I feel like I've betrayed her but I had no choice. I couldn't bury her in the garden, she's too big and I'd never be able to dig a hole deep enough. I've read that some people leave them out with the rubbish and I couldn't do that either :mecry: I can't justify spending over £100 on an individual cremation so I had to leave her with the vets :mecry: I've kept a few of her feathers and will probably put them in a frame with her photo. I kept a punky hair feather :wub:

Cats and dogs get cremated, rodents have been buried and I just never thought about what I'd do with the chickens bodies. I hadn't expected to lose one so soon :mecry: She was only a baby :mecry: