UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

I've been to the soapbox derby today at Hoar Cross. Had a great day and when we got back to the yard i offered to fetch all the horses in... except one decided to jump on my foot. God I hate other peoples ill mannered horses :(

Anyway my little toe and the onen ext to it are very swollen and already purple. I can't stand them being touched or put weight on them my OH being ever helpful said to put ice on it so afterm uch screeching I've frozen them to numb but they still hurt....

How do I know if they're broken? :unsure:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah go to the hospital please. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: It sounds very painful. And have you got any arnica?

And :GroupHug: for CT and that was for the last bit. What a waste of time your boss not making the extra effort for you. Is it a man or woman? Just thinking maybe a guy wouldnt think about that kind of thing? A bit like buying baby clothes. No idea about sizing. Can you not stick them on Ebay and then buy something nice for the dogs with the proceeds? :GroupHug:

How do I know if they're broken? :unsure:

ummm that would involve an x-ray i would guess. The bad news is that unless they are facing the wrong direction, ED cant really do a lot for broken toes so you get confirmation they are broken and told to keep your weight off them :unsure:

Only problem is OH got really drunk and I can't drive to the hospital so I guess keeping my weight off them is the best thing until tomorrow. :rolleyes:

They've just been squished hard by a 17hh horse leaping on them while spooking at its owner who was coming down the track to meet us. So they're all in the right direction. I'll go to A&E tomorrow am, better than going to work thats for sure. :laugh:

Damn, I just remembered I saw a poster this morning for a lost dog and was going to go back and get the phone number on the way home then got distracted and forgot. :rolleyes: Will endeavour to get it tomorrow and point them to Doglost and offer any help I can. Think I will go and have a look at DL myself to see if I can see any dog resembling him/her.

Sarah, is there no-one who can take you? But hospital might be marginally better than sitting at work at Christmas. :rolleyes: Remember to take a book. :GroupHug:

Chickentikka is the camo collar a girly or a boyish collar and is it tinsey winsey or would it perhaps fit a five month old tibetan terrier for a donation to a charity perhaps maybe possibly? :unsure:

bosses are crap aren't we (*disclaimer: this boss gave bonuses even though we have made no money AND a M&S hamper each AND jewellery to the admin staff*)

Regarding your "accident" I have only one suggestion: Brazilian :laugh: :flowers:

Hubby thinks I am mad - he asked me to look up the weather forecast for Wednesday which I did but cos I didn't like what it showed I decided to check out several other weather sites til I found one I liked better :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: All I know is doesn't matter which one I go on the highest temp for midday is a maximum of 2 and the average temp will be somewhere between 0 and -2 :wacko:

Message for melf we will be the ones wearing blue jumping up and down to try and keep warm :laugh: :laugh:

Great news about ickle Pickle :flowers:

morning :)

I have removed the Christmas decorations from the living room, I am always soooo glad to get them down :rolleyes: (though I do always leave the plain white fairy lights in the big ficus plant all year round as they look so pretty :D )

Ours all came down today. I can't stand having them up more than 2 or 3 days after Christmas. I just want the New Year to be over now and to get into the "quiet" of next week.

Just had a text from my cousin to say she is disappoitned with me cos I ruined my mum's Xmas :rolleyes:

I am such a bad person. :rolleyes:

Tell the lot of them to go and feck themselves :mad: And if you want to hide any bodies give me a shout as we have deep lakes here and I'll be only to pleased to help you :flowers:

Snow, I do that too! :laugh: I have 3 weather sites on my favourites and check them all to see which is best.

Andrea, thankyou for reminding me santa brought Baileys :D I shall now have one :)

Cheers, Ingi. :beerchug: I am now on my second :biggrin:

I am tired :tired: and very full :sick01: after celebrating Christmas again today :santa: I will shortly be going for a lie down :rolleyes: . Hope you are all ok :flowers:

I hope you had a lovely 3rd Christmas. :flowers:

Myself and OH heard a clunk noise on the sofa that we were sat on. The bloody back leg has snapped. :angry: Its only about 18mths - 2yrs old and hardly over used. It is currently propped up on some rather 'useful' books! :rolleyes: :laugh: I will be ringing the store tomorrow (if I can find the reciept) to request a couple of replacement legs.

And thank you to I think it was CT, for the flashing ball. Neo was just laying on his big cushion. I looked down and he had big flashing red ball near where his *ahem* balls once were. I did have to laugh! :laugh: