UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

It looks absolutely beautiful here as the fells are snow capped, everything is white with frost and we have blue skies. However it's so treacherous underfoot, I've nearly been on me ar$e twice whilst walking the boys. It was quite funny watching people hanging onto fences and doing wibbly wobbles on the ice but then I ended up doing the same :rolleyes:

Wendbert we did the Castlehead to the lake walk. Wish I'd taken the camera just to show you how wonderful it all looked in white. And at least all that yakky mud was frozen so we were clean to come home.

We are supposed to be getting snow tonight.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done loads of things today which I needed to get round to doing.

I did Asda and when I took it home at lunchtime there were several piles of poo on the rugs (my own fault cos I have been stuffing them full of treats lately :rolleyes: ).

I have also been to the vets to pick up some more gut protector and antibiotics for Max. They have lost his fleecy blanket though, which I am annoyed about :angry:

We have had severe weather warnings for snow and blizzards for tomorrow, which should be interesting :wacko:

Re dehumidifiers - I have one and it's great. If I stand it in the hallway downstairs it dries the condensation on the upstairs bedroom windows as well as the downstairs ones. However, it is one which is supposed to be powerful enough to do a 5 bed house (I live in a 3 bed) so if you are going to get one, go for the best you can. I find it is good at drying washing, but works best if you close the washing and dehumidifier in a room together. Mine also has a heat setting which doesn't make the house very warm, but it does take the chill off.

Wendbert we did the Castlehead to the lake walk. Wish I'd taken the camera just to show you how wonderful it all looked in white. And at least all that yakky mud was frozen so we were clean to come home.

We are supposed to be getting snow tonight.

That was a lovely walk :biggrin: Having seen the fells covered in snow, I can imagine everywhere else looks even more lovely :wink:

Wiggle thinks he had a very lovely walk. He found something lovely and stinky to roll in so came home and was dunked in the bath straight away :rolleyes:

My boys are both wearing their new Hotterdog fleeces to get used to them, and cos its feckin freezing today :wub: Clive's not a great one for wearings tuff but seems to like this one.

Wiggle has a Hotterdog fleece and loves it :biggrin:

Cassie has a hotterdog fleece too. I've also been putting a blanket over her when she's on the sofa/armchair (heated up on the radiator first if it's on too :wub: ). I don't think Snow understands she's still under the blanket though, I think he thinks she's just become a head. I found him sat on her the other day :laugh:

Tis very cold out but nice and "fresh" too, much prefer it to grey and rainy and miserable. I know it's selfish as driving is not fun but I do love the snow so am hoping we might get a decent amount sometime. We did have a good fall of it a few years back and I walked home from my job at the time in it and cursed for not having a camera.

Marion, any chance of some lovely snowy photos of where you are please? It must be beautiful.

Afternoon :wavey:

I used honey on Dylan's last set of wounds that weren't healing properly and was aMazed at how well it worked. You're supposed on bandage it up though and change them regularly, so it's a bit heavy on bandages but well worth it

Ange :GroupHug: you sound a bit in need of a hug

I am freezing cold so can't stay at the laptop too long at a time :mecry:

I am muchly interested by the dehumidifier discussions. Does anyone know if it is more efficient to use a dehumidifier to dry clothes than a tumble drier? I have to use ours far too often these days as the flat is too cold and clothes hung out make it damp.

Re drying clothes, OH hasn't got room for a tumble dryer and as i have one up here he has bought one of these

http://www.jmldirect.com/product.asp?pf_id=D2001

a Dri buddy

mostly for when we have lots of baby washing to do!

reviews here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=982197

One of the conjoined twins has died :mecry: I so hoped they'd both make it :mecry: Their parents are brilliant to have ignored the advice they were initially given and to have given those babies every single chance. Keeping everything crossed for the remaining twin Faith

it's so sad :(

I am feeling a lot better today and am wondering if I am finally turning a corner.

i hope you have turned the corner too :flowers:

:GroupHug: catherine chook

:GroupHug: Mollydog

M-M, 11 months already! :wub:

I think I would like those multi coloured lights too Owl. :biggrin:

Hope Martyn feels better soon, but well done Scooby for keeping him company. :biggrin:

:laugh: @ Georgia.

I have been putting together a listing on Ebay for a rocking horse which a friend's husband has made. He is very talented, usually does wood turning, but fancied making something different. I loved rocking horses when I was a child, although I never had one myself. :rolleyes:

Hypercal cream is excellent for healing wounds, you can get it from Boots. When Bertie's stitches were removed on his face recently, he must have scratched the scar and it came open a bit, a couple of days of Hypercal cream and it was good as new, thinking about it I should have used it while the stitches were still in. Its a mix of Calendula and Hypericum, you can also get it online from Nelsons and other sites. Its something I always keep in the first aid kit.

oooh sounds intresting , I will buy some for Sri Lanka I think

I am really not feeling like doing Christmas this year, but I may *need* some multicoloured dog lights :wub: I need to talk to you about dates as well, luffly, as we should be coming over for a visit next week :pinkie: I can't wait to introduce Bran to Pembrey beach :wub:

Great :) Wispa says to tell your two that she has never met a dog who can run her off her feet, but they are welcome to try :D We had a great time at Pembrey this afternoon. There was still frost among the dunes, but out on the beach the sun was really warm. The car is going to the garage at Pembrey on Friday, hopefully it will feel better about getting started in the morning after that. The lads there are very nice, they were recommended by friends, and they do not laugh at

very old and tatty bangers

future classic cars.

Glad you are feeling better, Jacobean, it's been a long haul.

phoebejo, you could end up with a house chook :laugh:

Wenders, have you posted any pics of him wearing it :biggrin:

I think I did when it first arrived, but just for you Nige, here is Wiggle looking very impressed

Day137_1.jpg

:laugh:

Now he's got used to it, he loves it and it has been great when he's come back cold and soggy from a walk :wink: