UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Waterproof And Long Boots - Any Ideas?

ReikiAnge

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to your compeed (which were too small if they rubbed off) you need two pairs of socks.

Inners should be thin, silk is the classic thing, but you can get liner socks in good boot shops. The outer pair should be well padded - with that terry effect inside.

Rub feet with Vaseline then put on the thin socks. The vaseline stops the inner sock moving, and instead it rubs against the outer sock.

You might need to let your heels heal before you do all this. But if the boots fit otherwise, that should solve your problem.

Ruth

Fugees sure do know a lot about boots :laugh:

As just about everyone else has said the two sock method is the best but you do need to experiment with the types, I think you said you couldn't wear wool :unsure: which is a shame as I've found that wearing socks with a high wool content cuts down on movement, the wool's not quite so slidey as the usual sock material, if you got a big enough pair of thin socks would you be able to wear wool on top ? I wouldn't bother with so called Smart Wool as it just wears through at the heels in about a month and costs a sodding fortune. You could also try and use some of that sticky felt stuff and put it on the heel of the boot, it should help to stop your heel slipping in the first place.

Ange I've not read through the whole thread but M&M Sports are doing half price on Hunter wellies at the mo..........

Hunter

I'm seriously thinking about ordering some but have quite big calves so I'm not sure if they'll fit. If anyone has a pair of hunters and could let me know how wide they were that would be fab :wink:

I also saw these on the cotton trader website........

Boots

Do bear in mind though that Ange has weird feet :smile_anim: . Loads of people (including me) find the boots she bought were fine - so chances are that other brands will rub her peculiar feet when they dont' rub other people's .

If you are suggeseting another brand, might be worth mentioning what shape your feet are so she can assess if hers are similar...?

Mine are wide, and muck boots fit me nicely. I think Ange said hers were narrow and long though, so maybe that's where the problem lies.

Thanks all :flowers:

I am going to try the Muck Boots again once my blisters have healed up and will do it gradually as advised and not assume in future that every new pair of shoes will be as wonderfully comfortable straight off as my walking boots :)

I really like some of the boots that have been mentioned on here so I shall add them to my wish list :)

Jane, I really don't think I can wear wool, even if it's not touching my skin. It gives me eczema and I just start feeling this horrid sort of itching/burning feeling if I'm near it (not a fan of carpet shops!) so I don't want to try it.

Ruth, I bought the biggest Compeed plasters I could see online and they have a photo of them on a heel on the packet and they cover the area I thought they would, so I'm not sure they're too small. As Victoria says, bear in mind I have weird feet :rolleyes: :laugh:

Victoria, I think it's probably that my feet are perfectly normal and everyone else's are weird :D I guess these are the first boots I've bought, for a long time at least, that are unisex, so I'm guessing they are made a bit wider than women's boots would be? Meaning for my feet, there's a bit more movement perhaps than in other shoes. I'm going to try some different insoles/heelpads too to see if they help.

I do really like the Muck Boots - aside from the agonising burning sensation in my heels and the fact I had to stagger home very slowly - so I hope I can get them to "work".

Thanks again - and hopefully this thread has been helpful for other people too :flowers:

Do bear in mind though that Ange has weird feet :smile_anim: . Loads of people (including me) find the boots she bought were fine - so chances are that other brands will rub her peculiar feet when they dont' rub other people's .

If you are suggeseting another brand, might be worth mentioning what shape your feet are so she can assess if hers are similar...?

Mine are wide, and muck boots fit me nicely. I think Ange said hers were narrow and long though, so maybe that's where the problem lies.

I agree totally with you, I have wide feet and from the start my Muck Boots have been like slippers.

Suzanne

Ange I've not read through the whole thread but M&M Sports are doing half price on Hunter wellies at the mo..........

Hunter

I'm seriously thinking about ordering some but have quite big calves so I'm not sure if they'll fit. If anyone has a pair of hunters and could let me know how wide they were that would be fab :wink:

Tempest The 'Huntress' made by Hunters would be your best bet - they are designed for ladies with bigger calves. I'm thinking of getting a pair but not sure of sizes. I've been told you need to order a size smaller than your normal shoe size for The Huntress as they run quite large.

Does anyone have these that can advise?

Victoria, I think it's probably that my feet are perfectly normal and everyone else's are weird

Of course it is Ange. :laugh: If it makes you feel better... :D

I hope you can get the muck boots to mould to your feet eventually, I so know that utterly infuriating feeling of buying something and thinking it fits, and then once you've got it all muddy and will never be able to get it back into returnable as new condition, the damn thing suddenly morphs into not fitting after all. I have a brand new Az coat sitting in the porch that that happened to, the dratted thing is all over mud. I swear it fit perfectly until the first time he rolled in it and now it doesn't. :rolleyes:

I hope you can get the muck boots to mould to your feet eventually, I so know that utterly infuriating feeling of buying something and thinking it fits, and then once you've got it all muddy and will never be able to get it back into returnable as new condition, the damn thing suddenly morphs into not fitting after all. I have a brand new Az coat sitting in the porch that that happened to, the dratted thing is all over mud. I swear it fit perfectly until the first time he rolled in it and now it doesn't. :rolleyes:

Oh god yes that's exactly how it feels! I know it's really not a huge thing in the grand scheme of life but I *hate* wasting money so I'm determined these things are going to be comfy at some point, I just have to be more patient I guess!