UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Chicken Thread.

phoebejo

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My chicken house is in place. It's flipping enormous, I think my carpenter friend got carried away :laugh:

We've been busy all weekend laying flags for the base, putting the house up, buying bedding, feeder and drinker etc. I collect my girls tomorrow. I am absolutely past myself with excitement :biggrin:

My chicken house is in place. It's flipping enormous, I think my carpenter friend got carried away :laugh:

We've been busy all weekend laying flags for the base, putting the house up, buying bedding, feeder and drinker etc. I collect my girls tomorrow. I am absolutely past myself with excitement :biggrin:

It is exciting, hope the chickens settle in quickly (once you get them)

Cora was out with the others this morning and when I got home this evening she was still out so take it she was just having a bad feathers day yesterday.

:biglaugh:

How exciting :pinkie: :elefant:

I bet you barely slept at all last night :laugh: I know you've bought lots of stuff for the girls but please invest in a comfy chair for you because you'll be spending a lot of time outside watching them :laugh:

I came home from work last night and spent an hour or so sat out with my boys and girls. Everyone was free ranging with the netting separating chicks & big girls. I noticed Wally was being very quiet, he hadn't left the run :unsure: I sat with him for ages on my lap, he loves cuddles :wub: He was very woe iz meeee but I couldn't see anything wrong with him. This morning I've noticed he's limping and again he's quiet. Everyone else seems fine but I'm keeping a close eye on him. I've always known that he's going to live a good life elsewhere so it was safe to become attached to him and I have to admit to loving him rather a lot :wub: This morning he's been sat on my lap eating hand picked dandelion leaves :laugh: I dread the day he crows because I'll miss him when he's gone. I think he'll miss being waited on hand and foot too :laugh:

My boy last night:

DSC03494.jpg

How stunning is he?

DSC03503.jpg

How's Wally today Mrs B ? perked up I hope

Where are the pics of your noo chooks Jules ?..............I'm looking, but I no am seeing :angry: ..................and I'm not jealous one little bit, nope not me, just because I've been waiting since JANUARY for mine to be ready, and I still have 6 WEEKs to wait, nope no green eyed monsters here :spudnikalien: :rolleyes:

Wally is very handsome :wub:

Well, here come the girls.......

The space

2009_0421April0286.jpg

The luxury hen accommodation

2009_0421April0295.jpg

Some slightly worried hens

2009_0421April0303.jpg

2009_0421April0305.jpg

I'm trying to resist the temptation to fuss about after them and just let them settle in. They have all been eating and drinking and having a scratch about, and apart from being a bit scraggly and bald, seem very well. They have been a bit noisy, especially when Treacle cat went out and had a look at them, there was much flapping of wings and shouting, I'm hoping the neighbours don't get teasy. Tomorrow the OH is going to make them a little hen playground :biggrin:

Poor Wally, I hope he picks up :flowers:

For names I'm thinking for the biggest girl Lola cos she's a bit blowsy and forward (like the Copacabana song: 'Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl. With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there ...' etc), Heather (after my lovely friend who was killed recently - Heather will be the little one I think, she's already shown fiesty tendencies and that was H to a tee), and Tilly (OH wanted to name one. That's the same OH who said to me about a month ago 'Jules we are definitely not having chickens, no way....').

Wally enjoyed his lunch of hard boiled egg

That sounds all wrong :wacko: :laugh: I hope he's feeling better soon :GroupHug:

Ooooh Jules :ohmy: What beautiful, baldy little girls :wub: :wub: And what an amazing house they have to live in!! As Missus Yantan said, I can't wait to see the photos of them in a few weeks :wub:

Edited by dirtychicken