UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

Odd firework going off here this evening, Foster, who isnt bothered by them anyway has gone with Charis to watch tv upstairs, Merlin however, is a big scardey cat and had to have rescue remedy and even that didnt settle him. Then i thought id have an apple and Merly, who doesnt do fruit, dribbled so much i gave in and let him have it.

One previously nervous dog is now sound asleep in front of the fire surrounded by the remains of my apple :wacko:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Val and Michelle - my friend has had to go through this process and had had no warnings about what to expect so she got turned down and couldn't appeal and there were a whole bunch of other excuses, despite the fact that she arrived at the court in her wheelchair which she has to use almost constantly now :( It is so frustrating for her. I hope that you guys are more successful :flowers:

Flora's firework bravery of last night has disappeared and she has been shaking under my computer desk all evening because of the kids in the park letting them off continually for the last few hours (even though it's absolutely pouring down!) :angry: Bran keeps going up to lick her nose because he doesn't understand what the fuss is all about :rolleyes:

I get so cross when I hear of people ( including my late father ) getting the bums rush re disabilty allowance when they are geninue applications with medical evidence from Gps and hospitals to back up thier application

the first person who reviewed my father the first time turned him down flat even though he could not walk far and needed help with putting his socks and shoes on and some days needed help getting dressed. Help the aged were very helpful and sent someone out who understood the nature of the forms and helped him with his appeal ( he did get it in the end and a orange badge for my car )

The Help the aged chap said they were often baffled at the people like my father with a clear phyiscal disabilty being turned down flat whilst non phyiscal conditions seemed to be get accepted more often first time with less evidence required ( this was 10 years ago so maybe thats changed ? )

I know my father was very close to telling them to stick it as he was fed up being treated like he was some sort of con man

Odd firework going off here this evening, Foster, who isnt bothered by them anyway has gone with Charis to watch tv upstairs, Merlin however, is a big scardey cat and had to have rescue remedy and even that didnt settle him. Then i thought id have an apple and Merly, who doesnt do fruit, dribbled so much i gave in and let him have it.

One previously nervous dog is now sound asleep in front of the fire surrounded by the remains of my apple :wacko:

An apple a day keeps the doctor fireworks away :laugh:

Flora's firework bravery of last night has disappeared and she has been shaking under my computer desk all evening because of the kids in the park letting them off continually for the last few hours (even though it's absolutely pouring down!) :angry: Bran keeps going up to lick her nose because he doesn't understand what the fuss is all about :rolleyes:

Poor Flora :(

Glad that Bran is looking after her so well :wub:

I am home

I am full of cold

The fireworks are going off like mad here

Toblie is fast asleep in the kitchen

I am watching X Factor

Nice to see you back :)

Hope you had a brill time with the family.

Couldn't you have left the cold up there :unsure:

I am waiting for my gnocci (sp) dumpling/tomato/garlic/courgette/mozzarella/red wine bake thing to be done, I am staaaaarving :wacko:

Whuppety Jake has just been out on his lead in the open plan front garden for a wee (he won't wee in the back garden, which is enclosed, he will only poo) but he was a bit put off by the fireworks so we had to walk round my tiny lawn for ages and ages finding exactly the right spot. It's got a baldy hedge around it so anyone coming past wouldn't see Jake but would just see me. Several people came past but nobody said anything about the mad woman going round in small circles muttering 'get a move on' :laugh:

Its like Beroit here, as it is every November. The dogs are fast asleep as I took them out for a 3 mile run this evening!

I've just realised its exactly 12 months since my gorgeous Gilbert went missing :mecry: :mecry:

Its still heart breaking to not know where he is or if hes still alive. :mecry:

I know my father was very close to telling them to stick it as he was fed up being treated like he was some sort of con man

That's how my friend is getting, Sam. She's had the same comments about those genuinely in need from various help agencies too so it appears to still be a practice nowadays :( Because she said that she *could* make a cheese sandwich or peel a potato on a bad day then they were happy that she could make herself a meal. They ignored the fact that she'd said that to carry out these tasks would take her well over an hour :angry:

Its still heart breaking to not know where he is or if hes still alive. :mecry:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Sarah

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all the stressy dogs and their worried people

Flora seems to be much happier if we're all snuggled on the sofa - she stops shaking and will actually snooze so it looks as if I'm going to have to stay on the sofa, under the duvet and watch rubbish tv all evening. Oh the sacrifices I make for these dogs..... :wink:

Edited by dirtychicken