UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Should Childrens Names Be Made Illegal?

BeadyP

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently I was possibly going to be called Terri - so hard to imagine having a different name.

You had a lucky escape :D , I actually quite like it now but I was born in the 50's and then it was a boys name.

My new granddaughter is called Cady ( Kdy ) which is seemingly a gaelic name, I'm getting used to it now but I did try and get them to change the spelling of it to Cadi but they wouldn't, my eldest son calls her caddy :( for which he gets a dull thud :biggrin: .

When I first got Ailsa I took her up to the vets to register her, the vet was on her first day back from maternity leave, she took one look at Ailsa's name and groaned, she had spent ages looking for a name for her new baby daughter, she didn't want it to be the name of one of her patients, you've guessed it her new baby was called Ailsa :laugh: .

Terri

I do feel really sorry for some of the kids I see at work with unusual names. E.g Riverreuben , Isaacleen ( a girl). Or with unusual spellings of names and having to contstantly correct people on how to say them or spell them. We are having great trouble thinking of potential baby names!

It's been going on for years though, Terry Thomas called his son Trumper, Trumper must be about 50 now poor soul, I bet he changed it! David Bowie's son Zowie, changed his name to Joe, can't say I blame him!

Then of course there are the ones where the parents just do think it through with a perfectly normal first name that is hilarious with the second name, Justin Ribbins lived in the next village to us! :biggrin:

Daftest one my sister told me about, friends child was named Elvdebee, mum was an Elvis fan and was herself named Deborah!

If I had had any children I wonder what I would have named them, with a cat called Beauregarde and Cecil the dog it does not bear thinking about!

It's a minefield trying to think of baby names :( I'm 20 weeks and having a girl, but me and OH just can't agree on any names. I love Hermione but he thinks it's a daft name and can't stand it.

I'd like to find something a little unusual and that goes with my OH surname which is Bean :huh: :biggrin:

So far the only name we both like is Ariana but no matter how stuck we get I will NOT be resorting to making a name up or calling my child Charlie Trumpet Trousers Bean!

It's a minefield trying to think of baby names :( I'm 20 weeks and having a girl, but me and OH just can't agree on any names. I love Hermione but he thinks it's a daft name and can't stand it.

I'd like to find something a little unusual and that goes with my OH surname which is Bean :huh: :biggrin:

So far the only name we both like is Ariana but no matter how stuck we get I will NOT be resorting to making a name up or calling my child Charlie Trumpet Trousers Bean!

Charlie Bean would be a cool name!

I know a little girl called Hermione and she's lovely. Her older sister Tabitha is my Emilys best friend :wub:

Charlie Bean would be a cool name!

lol, the problem with Charlie is that it always makes me and OH think about that you tube clip "Charlie bit my finger". Since someone posted it on here it's become a little bit of a joke between me and OH. Although Charlie Bean does sound pretty cool lol x