R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

afternoon :biggrin:

Love the pick of Henry brillopad :wub: He looks very gravy happy :laugh:

:GroupHug: to poorly people and sore dogs.

Miya looks very pleased with her jim jams :laugh:

Anne please do get carbon meter checked out just in case. Doesnt bear thinking about. Were gas appliances checked before you rented? Do they have certificates/labels attached saying when they were serviced?

Wendy, I always wanted to go to Heights of Abraham, but we always end up detouring to Alton Towers when we go that way :laugh: We will get there one day. :rolleyes: Did you take any pics?

On my first day off work I have cleaned the all the UPVC window frames and conservatory, scrubbed the patio, cleaned my car (the hard way with millions of buckets and a sponge :rolleyes: )sorted out some washing, cleaned the kitchen and booked the vets for the end of the week for boosters. I am now enjoying my second coffee of the day and sitting down for half an hour before I decide what, off my list of a million things, I do next :rolleyes:

you are right Andrea, it's a silly thing to gamble with! And as a side note I can inform that having them come out to check is free of charge.

Thanks everyone :flowers:

Thats good to know.

I have decided what I am doing next and am now heading off to the shop to buy ingredients for daughters cooking lesson :biggrin:

RMQ, why, after having hailstones and piddling rain is the ice cream van out here? We havent heard him for months! :rolleyes:

Pleased you had a good holiday Nettie. Have no idea where 4 acres is unless it's your property in France.

Pleased Fleur is feeling better.

Sorry Four Acres is part of Little Dumpledale Farm but isn't actually on the farm, its about a mile down the road and as the name suggests it has four acres, half an acre of the garden around the house is completely dog proof with nearly 6 ft deer fencing, its a lovely house and has 5/6 bedrooms which with just 3 people in gave us plenty of room, we were also 5 lurchers and a greyhound who got on well together on the whole, Rio was a bit of a witch bitch to start with and took against the greyhound, luckily he's very submissive and they soon all rubbed along nicely together.

Ickle tiny wheelie bin pussycat is now called Ruby :wub: I've been down to check on her a few times today and she's certainly come out of her shell :wub: :laugh:

It's 'back to school' day today after the holidays. Tommy lasted 3 hours before being sent home :( :mecry: I have to take him up to the school tomorrow to find out wtf has gone on and for him to be formally excluded :( :mecry:

Since Seth died I've made a big thing to the family about how I'm never having another dog, and how important it is for Dharma not to have another companion to lose. This has reassured Baz somewhat who doesn't want another oldie (and I'm with him on that mostly). Today on the way home from uni there were three dogs on the train - and despite none of them being boxers, and me having Dharma at home, I had to hide that I welled up. I have the strongest urge I have ever had since getting Dharma to have a puppy here, and everywhere I look people have them - 3 new pups on this street alone, and a mangey GSD x puppy on a forum I've just joined (why? why join another rescue forum, I can't do it again). My heart is breaking. I know it'll pass and I know it would be completely wrong to have another dog here with Dharma when she could lose another best mate. I won't do it, she has to come first and she doesn't ever need this again. :mecry:

:GroupHug: Kathy. Not sure what to say, if you're reluctant to have another dog, but as Anne said, a younger one would hopefully be around for a long time. I couldn't exactly advise against someone adopting a puppy, could I :)

My tummy hurts and I've got a headache and feel more strange even than usual. Fun being female isn't it :rolleyes: I predict a glass of wine and an early night but first I must do some work.