UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

Do any fugee work in the care field (human not animal) and if so, do you consider it more than a "job" please :)

I did for a few years, and to me it was just a job, which is why i was crap at it. The staff who really wanted to be there made me see, to them it was much more.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly well actually :smug-1: I've got him stepping right close to the door and either whacking the bunch of bells with his nose or chomping on them (depending no what mood he's in :rolleyes: ) but he is doing it every time we let him out. He's not quite made the connection to take the initiative and make the door open all by himself by hitting the bells, but we're getting there :biggrin: I *may* have a spare set of bells if you want to give it a go.

Enough of the :smug-1: !!

Ooooh if you have spare bells I wouldn't mind... :flowers: We have pretty much perfect housetraining in the dining room which gives access to the dog flap... but the lounge is cordoned off by a dog gate... and Muppet just doesn't "get" vocally telling me he needs to be on the other side of it. Similarly he doesn't at work either :rolleyes: We shan't mention the incident immediately after our walk tonight :rolleyes: in the dining room (i mean whyyyyyyyy???).

I figured if the bell thing works... then it might be very handy indeedy.... though I'm not sure that Muppet might just think ringing bells all night and all day is a very fun game to do... :unsure:

I did for a few years, and to me it was just a job, which is why i was crap at it. The staff who really wanted to be there made me see, to them it was much more.

thank you,

to me it is much, much more than a job, its peoples lives, peoples quality of life,some peoples everything, i dont clock off when the shift ends (unless i can, then im outta there)and i dont understand "team" members who, regardless of whats going on, run for the door the second they can, then think Im odd even though i have a good balance of home/work/leisure life and always ensure my families needs come first in my life.

sorry, im having a deep and meaningful type of day :wacko:

:GroupHug: to all in need today.

Do any fugee work in the care field (human not animal) and if so, do you consider it more than a "job" please :)

I did care work for many years, and as far as I was concerned it was simply a job. I didn't do it because I had any kind of vocation, and I did my best not to think about it too much once I got home. However, I gave it 100% during working hours, I treated the clients with kindness and respect and did a lot of errands and things for them which weren't part of my duties. I was prepared to go the extra mile to make their lives easier.

Had I invested more emotionally in the work, I would have been more hurt by those few clients who were never satisfied, who enjoyed bullying their carers or were abusive physically and/or verbally. I've known carers get very upset because they were too involved with clients who took advantage.

That is just my experience. I'm sure many carers would say it was much more than a job.

Oh wow, I really hold a minority view here :rolleyes: But you asked the question, I gave you an honest answer.

I'm starting as a Care Assistant in a Nursing Home soon as my CRB check is finished,already done 3 days classroom training and very keen to get started,no idea if I'll enjoy it or not but have a very good feeling I will (well I certainly won't be doing it for the pay :rolleyes: )

Jacqui, i'm a housekeeper in a hospital, my ward belongs to MHT, it should just be a job, but you can't switch off from these people, just by being there i can make someone feel better, and that makes me feel better.

Am trying to find a song that suits Louie

Brother Louie Louie, i think it was by modern talking? some 80's german disco band.

Me too Di :(

Am off to sunny Warrington for a meeting this morning, then back in the office for the first time since last Wednesday. I have a DAF delivery at some stage today as well, so need to ring to find out when roughly they'll be here.

I can see warrington from here... its not sunny :( I also have to go to warrington today and I hate driving round the place

I told her to leave him for the sake of the kids but she says she is staying with him for their sake, it is so hard for her to know what is best :(

This is exactly what my best friend was saying at Christmas, Julia :( She is now seeing the light and has realised that his being in the house is having a detrimental effect on the boys, especially the older one, and so steps are being taken :biggrin: I'm glad that your friend can talk to you about this and knows that she has at least your support :flowers:

though I'm not sure that Muppet might just think ringing bells all night and all day is a very fun game to do... :unsure:

Your little darling wouldn't possibly do anything so norty :wub: :wub: :wub:

:elefant: Exciting fings day is here :biggrin: