UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all :)

:mad: Just had a waste of time visit from a Savestyle Uk man. I am needing to look at replacing my front door, so when they phoned to say they were doing quotes I thought, why not? Made the appt at which time the person on the phone asked if OH would be there, to which I said 'no idea-probably not'.

Guy arrives tonight, very nice chap ( he has 4 staffies, Mum was rescue from Battersea who turned out to be pregnant :huh: found homes for 3 pups and kept the other 3 :wub: ) - however when he realised OH wasn't there then said he's not allowed to give a quote :rolleyes: Nothing was said about that over the phone, if they had I wouldn't even have bothered getting them round. What would happen if my door was damaged and OH worked away for 6 months of the year? Bloody silly as it's not as though I'm actually buying anything :mellow:

:rolleyes:

If he sits with you for three hours and then closes you will probably say that you will need to speak to your partner and get back to him. If you are both there and you say no he will drop the price untill you say yes and will probably phone the sales manager to "authorise" an extra special price if you agree to go ahead.

The telcan who phoned wont get paid a bonus as it was a single sit.

The moral is that double glazing is simply a business that feeds the wages of many people. Go to the best quality company and keep saying no untill the manager phones to ask why the sales guy has failed. They will work out a price that is fairly close to cost to keep the business for their figures. The sales rep gets a percentage of the profit between cost and the price you are told in the begining, He is self employed so he wants as much as possible.

I worked in the industry for 23 years . I still have good contacts so PM if you want a name.

:rolleyes:

If he sits with you for three hours and then closes you will probably say that you will need to speak to your partner and get back to him. If you are both there and you say no he will drop the price untill you say yes and will probably phone the sales manager to "authorise" an extra special price if you agree to go ahead.

The telcan who phoned wont get paid a bonus as it was a single sit.

The moral is that double glazing is simply a business that feeds the wages of many people. Go to the best quality company and keep saying no untill the manager phones to ask why the sales guy has failed. They will work out a price that is fairly close to cost to keep the business for their figures. The sales rep gets a percentage of the profit between cost and the price you are told in the begining, He is self employed so he wants as much as possible.

I worked in the industry for 23 years . I still have good contacts so PM if you want a name.

What blinking good advice! Cheers Lesley :flowers:

I hardly ever post in here, but it's quiet tonight - so no-one will know. :biggrin:

My vet gave us a fright earlier. He said that Bonnie's itching/scratching might be syringomyelia. :mecry: I have now convinced myself that he is wrong and that she is just itchy - but she's a cavalier, and I guess he's being extra vigilant these days. Needless to say, since we arrived home, she hasn't scratched once. :rolleyes:

We're off to Fife for a few days tomorrow - just wanted to add my good wishes to Suzeanna and Mr Suzeanna for their anniversary tomorrow. :flowers:

My thoughts are with Marilyn's family, and all who are sad tonight, for whatever reason. :GroupHug:

Morning :tired: Another restless night :rolleyes:

Alex does that mean you have now developed into an Ambassador?

Apparently I have. I don't know if I'm taking on too much though, when I went to see the blokey last Friday he told me he was surprised I was still in work given how bad I feel, then when I mentioned I was studying towards a degree as well he said I should be wary of taking on too much. There's a temptation to keep busy but it doesn't make the depression go away so when I stop I still have to deal with it.

Marilyn died earlier on today. I hope she's with her beloved rats again :wub: With my unexpected trip to MK tomorrow morning I'll get to give my mum a cuddle. In the space of a month she's lost two friends to cancer :sad02:

Sleep tight Marilyn :angel: