UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My New Dally

simikins

Sorry to anyone waiting on pics, i will do a new fred with pics once OH has down loaded them, i thought i would tell you about my lad first.

We spotted [no pun] him last week on the dalmation welfare page, inquired about him and 8 days later he is here.

I refer to him as him as we don't yet have a name for him, he was found wandering down a very busy road by a lovely couple, he was skin and bone, they took him to their vets and managed to trace his owners through his microchip, when they took him back, the owners were pleased he'd been found, then said actually we don't want him, so the couple who found him took him in, his original name was Duke, however he did'nt seem to respond to it, so he was renamed Boycie [he does'nt look like a boycie], this couple have always owned staffies so a Dally was a great shock to them, as they are not an easy breed if you are'nt experienced in them, they spent 2 months trying their best, they got him castrated, went to a behaviourist, then made the heartbreaking decision to get him rehomed with someone who understands the breed, so they contacted the DW. No name is the biggest dally i have ever seen, his head is on level with my elbow, i'm 5ft 3,3/4, he is just 12 months old maybe a little younger so still a pup really, he looks more of a cross than a pure dally, but apparently he is 100% dally, i would have said he is crossed with a boxer or great dane, but the couples vet said all dally and 3 people from DW said all dally, he has an undershot jaw which makes his face look bigger.

All he wants to do is play play play, ellie has told him 6 times today that she does'nt play, but Tac has a go although he has to watch he does'nt get crushed :rolleyes:

The couple brought him up from Gosport this morning, and we all met at a member of DW's house which was a beautiful cottage just outside of MK, the lady is a breeder and a very sensible breeder at that, i met her lovely Dallys, and the dogs all played in her field, i so want to live in her house.

Anyhow i'm sure my house will be wrecked in less than a week, and i will put the pics up as soon as i can. :)