UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Is This A Uk Spider? *warning* Contains Spider Photos!

ReikiAnge

Probably not a helpful addition to the discussion, but it doesn't look dissimilar to an Australian Red Back :ph34r_anim: Spider

Although, it couldn't possibly be one of those... :worried_anim: :worried_anim: could it? Think I'd keep it shut in the pot until you know for sure. Although it's bound to be harmless.

Good on you for not just killing it :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Ange you need to keep it within the Wiltshire boundary. After all it's a greater spotted Wiltshire spider. and quite frankly you're welcome to it. :whistle:

Do mummy spiders have to nurture eggs at all as I'm wondering seeing as you have the 2 like whether you could possibly find yourself with some baby spiders shortly.

I didn't realise until recently that all spiders can bite.

and yes spiders do come across with grapes and all sorts of fruit so always check your purchases. For goodness sake don't touch anything if you do find something. :run4hills:

Edited by Jacobean

Probably not a helpful addition to the discussion, but it doesn't look dissimilar to an Australian Red Back :ph34r_anim: Spider

Gee, thanks for that thought! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't want to kill it if I can avoid it. I'm the one that hangs sheets of toilet roll over the edge of the bath to form a "ladder" so (normal) spiders can get out.

Michelle, get those thoughts of babies out of your head right now please!

I wonder if like mice you have to free them a long way from home otherwise they just come back. I too make a loo roll or kitchen roll ladder for my spiders if they are too fast to catch. Otherwise i just pick them up and carry them outside. touch wood they didnt feel the need to bite me as yet :unsure:

was very peed off once having battled to remove one of those 'boris' type big hairy spiders from my bathroom. finally caught him, opened the window and put him on the roof of porch, only for a bird to swooop down and eat him. I did feel a tad guilty about that one :unsure: