UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Golf

Hollysdad

Since I bought OH golf lessons last Christmas he is really into it now. :) I used to hate golf, but since playing it on the Wii I got more interested in the rules and OH then bought the Tiger Woods game for the xbox. I do like playing that but can't hit a ball for real for the life of me! Watching someone else play just isnt the same! :laugh:

It's just you :D

I went out with a golf photographer once. I can't imagine anything much more boring to photograph :laugh: I did walk a course once with him - the highlight was seeing a wild rabbit bouncing around :wub: Kept me awake for a bit anyway.

I did go to a driving range years ago with some friends though - my female friend and I were sooooooo useless at hitting the ball that we just had the biggest laugh. Which probably wasn't the point and probably annoyed the cr@p out of everyone else there.

<exiting thread now>

the driving range is fun

watching blokes play a game involving trying to lose balls down little holes whilst wearing Val Doogan syle clothing is duller than watching paint dry

I think Mark was trying to explain something about how very exciting this golf game was and why it's the most exciting golf game ever but I dozed off , also I think he might be fibbing as he told me the Masters was exciting and British open

My o/h is pretty good at golf (or used to be when he was younger) and tbh it's a healthy outdoor sport so I always encouraged it. Anyway, when you've got a horse, if your o/h isn't 'horsey', you need them to have a hobby which takes them out of the house for 4 hours plus otherwise they notice that you disappear to ride your horse for a huge part of the day :laugh:

I've done a bit of caddying for my o/h in my time and it is quite good fun, plus I love any sport where we stand a chance of beating the opposition :rolleyes: :laugh:

I love golf :wub: , oh plays it and pisses of for hours and hours, he also goes on golfing weekends :biggrin: . I would say that you wouldn't catch me within miles of a course but we live right opposite the first golf course in the world (Leith Links), golf was played there in the 1400's and King James stopped his men playing it as it was interfering with their archery practice :laugh: , The rules of golf were also written over there by The Honourable company of Edinburgh golfers, there you go a wee history lesson for you as well. oh has also played all the big courses up here, carnoustie, St. Andrews ( the main three ones ) Turnberry, Muirfield, Royal Dornoch, the only big one he hasn't played is Troon.

I'll shut up now :laugh: .

Terri ( a golf widow and happy about it )

I can appreciate people enjoy playing it, but why anyone would want to watch it on tv is beyond me. I cant personally see the attraction of hitting little balls round a big field with a few sandpits in it (that you cant even build sand castles in)

a good walk spoiled really is the quote that describes it best for me