UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy 1st Anniversary Roly & Snoopy!

melissa

I can hardly believe it is a whole year since the dingo dogs arrived on my doorstep!

I have had such great fun taking care of these two & teaching them about life in the house, they do something to make me laugh everyday.

I have discovered that Snoopy is very sociable and affectionate and she has become a firm favourite at my mum’s care home with the residents. She has sadly gone deaf in the last few months but doesn’t seem too concerned. Snoopy has a flip top head…you stop stroking…she flips your hand on to her head & repeats & repeats the process. I’m still learning about Roly, he is very timid except around me & maybe a couple of other people. He is not a very sociable dog & has lots of strange little ways…rolling in pooh…getting up and stomping out of his room (aka my bedroom) if I dare to go in there when he is resting…protesting if another dog comes in to ‘his’ field. He carries around a variety of plants & possibly wildlife in his coat, thoughtfully distributing them throughout the house. I could go on but none of it matters, as I truly feel privileged that he chose to trust me and I wouldn’t be without either of them.

They have just had their annual check up & booster and we have decided that they both need Metacam (sadly the years of living outside has taken its toll on their joints) but all things considered the vet thinks they are in great shape for around 12 + years old.

Happy Anniversary Dooples & Rudi Roo, I couldn’t love you more - there will be sausage later!

rolysnoop.jpg