UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Finally Caught Him...

EGAR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: First and foremost I am happy to announce that it is NOT bone cancer!!! The infection has cleared up and the oozing has stopped, the hole is now almost completely closed. It looks like an old untreated trap/bite wound or break. Cartilage has grown around it and he isn't in pain although he limps. I am going to see Tori tomorrow and we will make a decision as to whether his leg need to be amputated or if there are any other avenues open for him.

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9244.jpg

Scottie ate only toast with butter or ham but I have now found out that he likes cat food, so I bought dry cat food and he is gobbling that up. He seems to be alot more relaxed but I still have to carry him into the house, he refuses to come in.

IMG_9209.jpg

He is a lovely lovely dog and my son is quite fond of him. Scottie is so loveable and gets on with everyone and everything

IMG_9223.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

He lost the leg as we found a peasized tumour in the joint...

... only three days after his leg amputation Scottie is up and about!!

p909413.jpg

Having a good sniff around and he can already pee and poo without falling over!

p909414.jpg

And...

...and...

he can RUN!!!!

p909416.jpg

That dog's got SPIRIT!

He will be going into foster as soon as the stitches are out and hopefully a forver home will follow soon.

I am taking him back to the vets tomorrow to change the bandage and check the wound, so fingers xxx'd that all is well.