UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lavender

Houndwoman

Our beautiful little girl Lavender went to the Bridge at 8.20pm last night. Our vet came out to us to help her on her way :(

She was diagnosed with sarcoma of the stomach only 4 weeks ago and had some supportive treatment which helped her to be as normal as possible though we know it was only short term :(

She didn't have a very good weekend and by yesterday couldn't even keep water down for longer than a couple of minutes :(

She came to us as a rescue 7 years ago after basically living a rough life and being treated as a non entity :(

She was the most comical little character who we nicknamed 'little madam' as she was so bossy and vocal.

She was always up front just in case you didn't notice her and to see her demise over the last few days was so sad :mecry:

Her soul mate James passed away in January and I get the feeling that although on the surface she coped ok she missed him so much and wanted to be with him.

Run free little girl and I know James will have been waiting for you and I am sure you are having great fun together :wub: :wub: :wub:

This photo was taken a week after diagnosis and it is so hard to believe at the time that she was so seriously ill.

P1010019.jpg

Edited by Houndwoman