UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

My Wonderfully Stupendous Photos From

Yantan

On Friday Eileen (Sally Ann) and I made our way down to Norfolk for a long weekend so we could attend the Lakeland Trailhound Welfare (Norfolk) funday which took place on the Sunday. We stayed with Lucy 3 leggity Trailie and her mum, Leony, whilst Sue (Koshka) stayed with her friend who was holidaying near the funday venue.

We woke up to pouring rain although about an hour before the start time it fared up, the day then carried on getting brighter and hotter - in fact I even managed to get sun burnt :rolleyes:

Most of my photos were taken before the day got really nice and sunny and as always, being my photos, they are just stunning :D Also they are mostly of Lucy but many of you know how special she is too me so will understand me indulging myself I hope :flowers:

A group of Trailie owners sitting around the ring waiting for the judging to start.

ringside.jpg

Prettiest bitch line up with Lucy 3 legs showing you her bum :rolleyes:

Prettiestbitchlineup.jpg

Can't remember what class this was but it had Lucy in it so I took her photo

JudginglineupinclLucy.jpg

We were delighted to find Lucy's brother there. Isn't he like her tho he is a ginga where she is grey. They turned out to be very alike in temperment. They had a good old woowoo together :laugh:

Lucysbro.jpg

Now I love this photo - it's very reminiscent of "the slip" at a trail. But look at the difference now. At a trail the dogs are baying and straining to be away, these guys have all made the transition from working dog to pet dog and this time when lined up they all behave impeccably. They were just about to compete in the waggiest tail class which Lucy won :biggrin:

Lucyinwaggiesttaillineup.jpg

The judges trying to decide Best in Show and runner up. On the left we have Marie, from the Dogs Trust and on the right, Eileen from Lakeland Trailhound Welfare (Cumbria)

EileenandMarie.jpg

The best in show winner, Danni with his dad Dave. I was delighted for these two as they were involved in a nasty car accident a few months back and Dave says he wouldn't have recovered so quickly if it hadn't been for the companionship of Danni. Danni was also hurt in the accident and Dave insisted that the ambulancemen treated Danni before himself and that they also called the vet. Dave was trying to keep the tears back after the win he was so made up. Laura you might just spot the lead and collar Danni won for being best in show in Dave's hand :biggrin:

DaveandDannibestinshow.jpg

The worthy runner up

RunnerupinBIS.jpg

The greater hairy Trailhound otherwise known as Spinone taking part in the Trailhound companion event. These guys were fab and enjoyed ever minute they were there :wub:

Spins.jpg

It was a fab day and to see the 200 plus owners there with 80 Trailies and another 20 other breeds was fantastic. So many happy smiley faces all day, old friends re-united and new friends made. I am just sorry that I have such a poor selection of photos but I think I know where I can "pinch" some more so once I've tracked them down I will post them here.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion, those are fab photos - and definitely more than three of them!

Well done Lucy :wub: :wub:

I may have cried a little reading about Dave and Danni, very glad they are both ok and that Danni helped Dave get back on his feet :flowers:

Looks as though you had a wonderful time. I don't think I've ever met a Trailie but they look and sound lovely :wub:

Marion, the pictures are great and much better than my miserable ones. I just didn't get a minute to take any piccies with being on call all day with so many trailies and lovely people. It was so brilliant to see so many trailies again and meet the owners and Danni so much deserved the best in show. Thanks to Elricc for the beautiful collars and leads and Danni's owner was delighted with his which I presented to him and Iam sure that Danni will look very handsome in it.

It was a great weekend and thanks Marion for all your help, you were a great support as always. Iam now getting loads of emails from people who attended the show with some showing an interest in adopting another trailie which is great.

Eileen