UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Got An Interview Next Monday ..

janeddie

As you all know I stuffed up with my NHS interview last week and was a bit down :mecry:

Well ..... saw a job advertised on Pertemps, rang up and chased and they said they were interviewing this week and if no-one was suitable they would put me forward. It was a great job working for the Head Rabbi in Birmingham's synagogue - 10am till 3pm and out of this world money !!

Whilst mooching on the web on Monday I came across the job advertised by the synagogue itself - so rang them up and they confirmed they were interviewing this week but to send over my C.V. I explained that 7 years ago (before I had Harry) I had worked for a Jewish gentleman for over 12 years and mentioned his name, as he was a BIG man!

Just left work and had a "number unknown" on my mobile, which I don't usually answer but decided what the hell! Well it was the Head Rabbi, who asked if it would be convenient for me to go in and see him on Monday at 3pm, so guess who is off to Brum on Monday!

When I worked for my old boss he actually sent me and my OH over to Israel to sort his wayward son out - all paid for of course! Having worked for a Jewish man before hopefully will stand in my favour and knowing a bit of the culture etc., although will be studying hard this weekend.

Just thought I would keep you all informed .. hopefully this will be the ONE :laugh:

Thanks for reading.

Jan

x

Just to let you know that I have just had a cracking interview at the Synagogue!! Absolutely wonderful building and the Head Rabbi was rather nice, as was his wife!

Gut feeling is that it went really well beause before I had Harry I worked for a Jewish gentleman for 12 years and so knew a lot of the people the Rabbi was referring to, which hopefully is a good thing! Only downside, it is nextdoor to the MailBox Shopping Centre, which is full of VERY expensive shops!!! Sounds really interesting job and loads of different things to do from organising Barmitzvah's to maintaining a weekly newsletter.

Have got to wait 2 weeks to find out but we discussed holidays, commitment, and of course money!!

Wonderful hours 10am til 3pm, which means I will be able to drop Harry off at school .. yippee without having to rush too much to get to work, as at the moment I have to take him to the nursery before school.

Argh well fingers crossed cause I really do fancy this one, it is like nothing I have ever been to before.

Jan

x