UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Might Need A New Washing Machine

Mrs B

My current washer dryer is dying (I hope!) It's an Ariston, and I've regretted buying since about the first week - it really doesn't seem to wash very well, and the programmes don't suit me - all in all a bad buy on my part. At the moment it's poorly, and I suspect it's terminal - the engineer's coming Monday, but if the repair cost is too much I can have a new one. YESSSSSSSS!

Just wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences with any brands/models?

Although we have a washer-dryer at the moment, we hardly use the dryer, so may opt to just go for the washer.

It needs to be wash better than my current one does - and despite the fact that there's just the two of us plus the two dogs, I do seem to have a load of washing in every single night. Quite like something that does a hand wash ('cause I always seem to have something better to do than actually hand wash, unless it's really delicate). Within reason, cost not too much of an issue - I'd rather it kept going as I feed it dog blankets and mucky jeans to be honest.

We've just been for a quick shufty in case of bad news Monday. OH's quite taken with the LGs.

Any opinions welcomed on anything really.

We have a newish LG washer/drier machine after reading good things about them. The good things about ours are the huge drum, the door which opens all the way back, it fills from the hot water tank (lots only use cold fill now) the fact that it's very quiet and it's also direct drive so no brushes to wear out like the awful noisy Zanuissi.

However, the downsides were the appalling instruction manual, it took me weeks to work out how to get the drier to work and even longer to sort out the spin! The other thing is that it's meant to be clever and only spin if the load is balanced and there is enough weight in the drum. It will often give up if there is something like a dog bed in there and I have to get the soggy contents out of the machine and put them back in the hope that I can fool it into thinking that the load is now balanced! It also has a display telling you how long the wash will take but if it's dithering over whether to spin or not it can take much longer.

Bosch bosch - bosch.

Also if you rarely use the tumble then go for a washer only.

My machine does everything - there is a delicates wash, a cold wash as well as all the other usual washes, boil/ intense wash.

It copes with all animal blankets and clean them as well as it does Mum's washing and you know how particular I am about that. :rolleyes:

we have a hotpoint washer/dryer WD860 we had to have it replaced 4 times within the first 3 weeks then 2 months later we had to have the LCD screen replaced then again 5 months after that, on the plus side its got a large drum, washes and spins very well

a year on and i STILL dont know what all the buttons are for

Edited by phoenix

Zanussi fan here.

Recommended my my Mr Fixit man following (expensive) disasters with Hotpoint and their cr@p

design which won't let you empty the filter (easily).....essential after much washing of dog beds! :)

what ever you do DONT get a SERVIS!! Absolute cr@p!!

Ive had mine seen to 3 times now in the last 14 months and its still going wrong :(

The engineer who came out last time said the best machines to buy are Miele (he reccommended 100%) and hotpoint :)