UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Update On Max

Jimcoted

7 weeks ago I posted the story of how we had found Max tied to a bench on the Common, we are now reasonably certain the poor old soul had been there all night, nobody but us would go near him and we finally got to keep him via GSD Welfare having said they would take him and then fostering him back to us.

This is him when we found him, he is on the left with the blue lead on

100_0159.jpg[/img]

In the seven weeks, a fraught time where he went through snapping at anyone who tried to touch him, barking at everyone, especially cyclists and joggers, hated people in uniforms (possible security work, starved to keep him mean? or so these silly b*****d's think) and absolutely deaf to recall but fabulous with kids, loves them to bits. To how he is now, great with everyone, even people in uniform, Comes back straight away when called and is now in the routine along with Maggie and Zack of Cheesy biscuits, ginger snaps, Vanilla Ice cream and finally a mini pork pie before bed!!

Here he is, extreme left at Fryant Way Country Park yesterday in order Max, Zack, Leyla and in the pond, as ever Maggie. All rescues. Leyla is Audrey's.

100_0208.jpg[/img]

Jim

By chance two Parks policewomen stopped us this afternoon to ask which one was the GSD left tied to a bench and we pointed him out. One of them said "He would have been pts at Battersea because Ricky ( the policeman who arrived just as we freed him) said he would have had to say that the dog was snarling and snapping at everyone so he was relieved when GSD Welfare said they would have him and absolutely delighted when he saw days later that you had kept him.

He really is the nicest dog you could wish to meet only a few minutes ago a neighbour passing stroked him through the fence and Max went mad barking as he left, he wanted more fuss!! I would not part with him now for anything. Him and Zack are like the terrible twins.

Jim

Oh those Kathy, last seen on an Ostrich!!! Maggie still wants to know where her Volvo is, she said the Citroen has been ready for collection now for ages and is nicely "dogged" now.

You would adore Max he is an absolute cracker, the slag that dumped him lost a lovely dog. Nothing would part me from him now.

Jim

Jim as much as I wouldn't want to upset Maggie - she has to get over this. The volvo is staying put and as for the citroen - it suits you better than us - you are far more cosmopolitan than we are. :rolleyes:

Don't worry - the volvo is well doggfied now. :laugh: