UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Optimist Or Pesimist? Or Stupidoo

Kathyw

Optimist. Nothing is ever that bad and when it looks that way, something else comes along that replaces it, makes it better or turns life around so that you go a different way for a reason... kind of fate linked, i think :unsure:

That's exactly like me. I nearly always think things really aren't that bad, not much gets me down. I do sometimes wonder if I'm just storing up heaps of trouble for myself one day because there is a little jar in my head where all the bad stuff goes, everything bad goes in there with the lid screwed firmly on so I can be happy. Sometimes the lid gets a bit loose and those days are very dark indeed but I'm good at keeping that lid on. Everything happens for a reason, it might seem like a bag of shite at the time but eventually something good comes of most things.

I tend to be optimistic in that I always think the best will come of a situation, but a pessimist in that I store up shite, and torture myself that that store of shite is actually reality.

Then my optimistic side takes over and usually wins :)

My OH is a helpless pessimist if that makes any sense? One of those pessimists who only see's the negative and can't see a way out of a negative situation regardless of it being a blocked sink or a broken washing machine to a career rut.

I think I am an optimist fighting strong pessimist genes - thanks Pa :rolleyes:

However, thanks to some excellent therapy (ironically sponsored by said very generous and caring Pa) I am now an optimist who has overcome pessimist genes :thumbsup_anim:

I am now very sensitive to pessimist comments and always think it is so sad to hear, cos I know from personal experience how negative an impact it can have on your life, but how hard it is to stop

Matt, however, is Mr Glass Half Empty all the time, which drives me nuts.

He's the only bloke I know who can beat himself up for the 2% when he gets a 98% pass on an exam paper :rolleyes:

He's an engineer-type isn't he? It's what we do :rolleyes:

As an engineer :wink: I can always see where things could be improved - whether practical designs, methods, my life etc. So lots of people do say I'm an eternal pessimist. I don't think so though, granted I can see the "bad" but I think more of it as I can see where there is room for improvement and I make plans to do so. There is room for improvement in everything and everyone :)

Optimist - everything will work out fine, if it doesn't I'll sort it out.

OH - was a Pesimist, but after 30 years of telling him to look on the bright side he slowly becoming a optimist.

Live is too short to worry, and as I get older, I allow more and more things to wash over my head :laugh: :laugh:

He's an engineer-type isn't he? It's what we do :rolleyes:
No, chemist. I have the more engineering brain and background (from my dad and from tinkering with classic cars). He is actually a real numpty when it comes to common sense solutions at times (sorry Matt if you ever read this).

I consider myself a realist, rather than one of the other options! :laugh: my OH says I'm a pessimist, but I say that if you don't expect things to work out your way, and then they do, you get a lovely surprise whereas if you think they will and they don't, you get lots of disappointments.

No, chemist. I have the more engineering brain and background (from my dad and from tinkering with classic cars). He is actually a real numpty when it comes to common sense solutions at times (sorry Matt if you ever read this).

Matt is a Chemist? - oh my - with your paddock and Matt you could have made a fortune. :laugh:

I consider myself a realist, rather than one of the other options! :laugh: my OH says I'm a pessimist, but I say that if you don't expect things to work out your way, and then they do, you get a lovely surprise whereas if you think they will and they don't, you get lots of disappointments.

My sentiments entirely :laugh: