UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Optimist Or Pesimist? Or Stupidoo

Kathyw

After the slap in the face disappointment of a few weeks ago, I found it hard this time to pick myself up - I usually come round quite quickly.

However todays news of the day centres and Ray's commitment to going - the visits next week are to have a look round and see if it suits him, lifted me up again and I have been less tired and walking round with that bubbly feeling inside that has been missing of late.

Ray is a pesimist - he sees disaster and so in his words is never disappointed.

I on the other hand see joy/whatever and so what if it all goes pear shaped - the ride was exciting anyway (except for the trip with the sw in the tunnel of horrors).

Are you an optimist or a pesimist.

Optimist - always. OH is an eternal pessimist which I think is such a waste of his life. He never sees what he has, always what he hasn't; never sees what he could be or do, always what he can't.

Thankfully, Ceri (so far - touch wood) has my outlook on life.

Pessimist by birth but trying to be a born-again optimist :laugh:

Matt, however, is Mr Glass Half Empty all the time, which drives me nuts.

He's the only bloke I know who can beat himself up for the 2% when he gets a 98% pass on an exam paper :rolleyes:

I think I am mainly an optimist.

Matt, however, is Mr Glass Half Empty all the time, which drives me nuts.

He's the only bloke I know who can beat himself up for the 2% when he gets a 98% pass on an exam paper :rolleyes:

Isn't that being a perfectionist, rather than a pessimist :biggrin: I'm the same, not that I ever score 98% on anything.

Isn't that being a perfectionist, rather than a pessimist :biggrin: I'm the same, not that I ever score 98% on anything.

Yeah, maybe, but I also get the "I just know I'm going to do badly on this one cos I did so badly last year" (89%)