UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stupid Act Of The Day

tegk68

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to zero my mileage clock on my car by putting my hand through the gap in the steering wheel needing turn a corner to leave the petrol station :blush02:

:laugh: I've done that! The momentary panic is scary and it hurts! Never heard anybody else confess to it though :laugh: :laugh:

Sitting in a strange bu comfortable position on your desk chair - @rse on seat sideways, legs over one arm and then leaning back against the other arm forgetting it moves :rolleyes: :laugh:

Ah I have done this often Wenders, warning NEVER do this whilst wearing a skirt :biglaugh:

Also always check which version of an email you are sending I once emailed the whole company an update on an outage, not realising I had forwarded the version which included the IT Infrastructure managers reply slagging off his predecessor who had started a different job in the company :rolleyes:

The recall button didn't work :wacko:

Last year in HP someone in the press office accidentally emailed the financial results to a third party three days before they were due :laugh: as they didn't check the address they were sending to

Trying to zero my mileage clock on my car by putting my hand through the gap in the steering wheel needing turn a corner to leave the petrol station :blush02:

:laugh: Add me to the list :laugh:

On the topic of wrong emails - I was emailed to ask if I would give a presentation at another organisation. As I was off work at the time I forwarded it to my supervisor saying, in lless than flattering language, that I couldn't be bothered with this right now. Only I hadn't forwarded it, I'd replied :blush02: . I got a very brief email back fom said organisation. Fortunately my supervisor is very understanding!

Heading for Eynsford, not knowing where I was going and not taking the satnav. Ending up giving up on finding it, so stopping at a random location and heading off across some fields to find ourselves surrounded by sheep. Boo and Gyp were less than impressed that I wouldn't let them chase the sheep. Then getting lost and making a normal length walk a very very long and tiring one. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I brought a Mango that wasn't quite ripe so I told my daughter that I was going to put it on top of the coal bunker at the end of the garden where it would be in the sun and the birds couldn't get at it. My daughter looked at me and said " Mum, birds have wings" "Yes and that is why I am putting it on the bunker" say's I. I can still see the look of pity on my son and daughters face as they both turned to look at me :laughingsmiley: :blush02: :ohno02: :laugh:

My rubbish bin is in the downstairs toilet room to stop the bin raiders :unsure: Tonight I clearing up, wandered past the tin recycling box, chucked my rubbish in the bin and the tins down the bog :blush02:

I also wish to confess to doing the zeroing of my mileage clock at random and dangerous times.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to crawl into a deep, dark hole and die :blush:

For weeks I have had nothing to add to this thread and now, for me, the ultimate in Stupid Acts.

The builders are here digging out the remains of the floor to our extension. They had to disconnect the outflow/waste pipes to do so, including the one from the bathroom, which now runs down the house wall to a foot off the ground where it opens up on the floor where they are digging.

"do not empty out any water, use the bathroom this afternoon" I am warned.

So I don't, thinking good god no way!

BUT

I do.

10mins ago

Then I make a cup of coffee for them all and merrilly make my way round the corner....

"oooo, I'm not sure I want to be digging in that corner", says one of them

and I look, and horrors of absolute horrors, a cold shiver runs down my spine as I realise a whole afternoon's worth of pee and poo, mine, is now bobbing along with lots of pieces of toilet roll :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Yes, I have now poo picked after myself, which is a novelty as it's usually just the dogs, with an audience looking on with their mugs of coffee in hand.

I cannot face the outside world, ever again :mecry:

Seriously, can that be topped? Quite possibly. If it can please tell as I need to know I am not the most stupid person going..... :huh:

I want to crawl into a deep, dark hole and die :blush:

For weeks I have had nothing to add to this thread and now, for me, the ultimate in Stupid Acts.

The builders are here digging out the remains of the floor to our extension. They had to disconnect the outflow/waste pipes to do so, including the one from the bathroom, which now runs down the house wall to a foot off the ground where it opens up on the floor where they are digging.

"do not empty out any water, use the bathroom this afternoon" I am warned.

So I don't, thinking good god no way!

BUT

I do.

10mins ago

Then I make a cup of coffee for them all and merrilly make my way round the corner....

"oooo, I'm not sure I want to be digging in that corner", says one of them

and I look, and horrors of absolute horrors, a cold shiver runs down my spine as I realise a whole afternoon's worth of pee and poo, mine, is now bobbing along with lots of pieces of toilet roll :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Yes, I have now poo picked after myself, which is a novelty as it's usually just the dogs, with an audience looking on with their mugs of coffee in hand.

I cannot face the outside world, ever again :mecry:

Seriously, can that be topped? Quite possibly. If it can please tell as I need to know I am not the most stupid person going..... :huh:

mwaaahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG, that's priceless, I'm sick with laughter here :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

I am a prisoner in my own home. How will I ever face the builders again? worse still I've got another 2/3 months of them at least.

I need to emigrate, really I do!

Aww Helen, have a :GroupHug: :GroupHug: