UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Elsa

kasi

I received the following email yesterday from Sue who adopted Elsa from the Oldies Club and I thought people who remembered her would like to know. Have put it here so people see it but if the mods want to move it to rainbow Bridge then please do so. Sorry I haven't been on here in ages and sorry to come on with bad news. Here's Sue's email.

I am really sad to tell you but Elsa was taken ill in the early hours of Thursday morning and had to be put to sleep. Apparently she was bleeding internally and the vets think that she had a tumour on her spleen. She had had a lovely evening before and was playing with her "ball" (yes Claire and Karen – the same battered yellow one she came with & wouldn't be parted with!) right up to bed time. She then woke us at 1.30am to let us know something was wrong and we rushed her to the vets – the end was very peaceful with Adam & I (and her ball) with her.

She was almost 15 years of age which is quite incredible and although we only had her for the last nine months, she was very much our world – we are lost without her. She was a very special lady.

With regards to you all, and Im sorry to be the bearer of such sad news,

Sue

DSC021231.jpg

These 2 photos were taken when she was with me. I feel so privileged to have been a part of this special girls life after she had to leave her dad because he needed to go into an old people home to be looked after himself and to have been the one who handed her over to Sue knowing she was going to be throughly loved and spoilt until the end of her days.

Run free Elsa my sweetheart............I am sure there will be a never ending supply of those yellow balls there at the Bridge. xxx

DSC021151.jpg

So sad , she was such a special dog & I was so lucky to get to have her as a foster, I think all her foster mums found it very hard to part with her.

Run free Elsie,my special baby hope to meet you again one day :wub:

Here she is with the famous yellow ball

elsa001.jpg

I did the homecheck for Sue and Adam and knew that Elsa would be thoroughly spoilt, pampered and loved with them. When I went to do the follow up homecheck earlier this year it was obvious that Sue & Adam were totally besotted with Elsa and that she was so so happy with them.

I am pleased I helped Elsa to find such a wonderful forever home.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to Sue and Adam.

Run free at the Bridge sweet Elsa :wub: ...say hi to Smudge and Wiccaweys Super Sheppy in the Summerlands.

Debs x