UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

40 Things To Do When You're 40

laura g

When I was 40 I married for the 2nd time, 26 years on still very happy

Took up archeryl loved it, am now a qualified coach.

Hoped to buy a horse but nowhere to keep it ( a bit ancient now bt still ride bomb proof horses

Got the camper van and seen a lot of England

Gave up work at 50 (made redundent)

And have had a lot of enjoyment. I'm happy.

Youth and vitality is wasted on the young

Barbara

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted to drive a tank, didn't manage it until I was 42 :laugh:

You have given me some ideas to do before I'm 60 when I will be far too decrepit to do anything remotely exciting. :flowers:

Aargh what an awful thought! Not true these days, thank goodness. Senior people do canoeing and hang-gliding and all kinds of things now. I've had to give some things up but it's due to injury, not age. And my mum was over 80 when she finally got to visit Easter Island.

You have given me some ideas to do before I'm 60 when I will be far too decrepit to do anything remotely exciting. :flowers:

What are you planning to do that will make you decrepit at 60? :D It must be something to excess - booze, fags....or worse?

I'll be collecting my bus pass later this year. Whoo hoo!

I don't work now because I'm :wacko: but I volunteer at the RSPB one morning a week, walk my dogs for at least an hour a day - usually more, go to dog training 3 times a week, go to aquafit and yoga every week and look after my grandson part time.

Probably not loads and loads like some people I know but I'm busy most of the time.

I'm not planning to get decrepit any time soon. :wink:

I've just turned 21

and have applied to run next years London Marathon :wacko: I've started my training already and am loving it! :biggrin:

Note to self: Place add for psych nurse in local paper, as a result of last line of post! :laugh: :wacko:

I'm not a psych nurse but am quite happy to declare you barking mad if that helps :D

Jules (Refuge Nurse non-psych variety) :laugh:

Your definition of exciting will change. A trip to Waitrose can do it for me. :laugh:

I married at 40 - 20 years ago today.

What about trekking in Nepal?

Speed dating?

Week in a super luxury spa somewhere exoctic?

Round the world cruise?

Working at Dog Town for a few months.

I think Sam (Happy Little Green Squirrely person) mentioned volunteers going out to the elephant foundation in Sri Lanka later this year - that would be something pretty amazing to celebrate the start of your next decade with :)

due to my work commitments it may well be early next year but yes indeed a Dogstar/MEF trip woud be a fantastic thing for anyone to come and do with us and as soon as I have dates I will advertising for volunteers

people celebrating birthdays especially as Rani loves a bit of cake

due to my work commitments it may well be early next year but yes indeed a Dogstar/MEF trip woud be a fantastic thing for anyone to come and do with us and as soon as I have dates I will advertising for volunteers

people celebrating birthdays especially as Rani loves a bit of cake

Why did you not mention the cake thing before? :ph34r:

We can do Rani cakey gooeyness by the bucketload, just tell me where to ship it :wink:

Regarding driving tanks, have you ever thought of tank paintballing?

And yes, it is what it sounds like!!!

I did the wolf walk for my 34th this year and it was an unforgettable experience :)

I would also like to see an aurora borealis :wink: