UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend - The Photo Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only managed a short visit and was dogless which felt very strange having left my 2 oldies at home. Totally impressed by the relaxed and calm atmosphere of all the dogs and children and so nice to meet such welcoming people ,being relatively new to 'Oldies' and the forum. Very taken with Guiness and Scooter - need i say more................!

I am taking the liberty of answering for Cher, she is still here at the campsite, she did take loads of photos though. She is having a bit of a break with her lovely dogs. Ebbi is a lovely girl and Tilley is a littlte devil, but so sweet.All three are lovely.

We are going home today, it has been a brilliat weekend and hope there will be more.

Barbara

I took far too many pix, so I've tried to choose ones that don't overlap with the ones posted so far. Well sort of.

Obviously there were a lot of hellos to be said, sometimes quite intimately... OB prodding things with his nose: this was something he continued doing for much of the weekend...

greetings.jpg

Pointy dog greetings: I think that is Mollydog, Dream, Brian and Dougie. It's definitely Mollydog, anyway. :laugh:

greetings2.jpg

Melissa's Roly, coping really well with all the people and dogs and cameras but staying a bit aloof just in case:

roly.jpg

OB prods Mollydog. OB is just sooooooo cute and squishy - and matches Mollydog, I was sorely tempted to steal him away but alas! He loves his mum and sticks to her like glue!

greetings3.jpg

Cher's Ebbi and Kizzy

ebbikizzy.jpg

The gorgeous Dream checks out Ebbi. Dream was another one with her nose into everything, for a wobbly oldie she was definitely intent on having a really good time.

greetings4.jpg

Ruby was less impressed:

ruby.jpg

And Az was even less sure about it all:

az.jpg

I really thought Az was going to enjoy the camping, he's got so much more relaxed about strangers than when I adopted him, but it took him SUCH a long time to adjust: he was just getting his head round it on Sunday. I suppose there were more people than last time, but his discomfort has made me realise that I nowadays very rarely bring him out of his comfort zone : he's either quiet at home, or if he meets strangers and other dogs, it's usually offlead with loads of space and not many people about. I think we may need to practice Places With People And Children a bit more.

Hang on a minute, what's this? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Superfox!

fox1.jpg

And who is that chasing her? Yes, it's oldie poodle Guinness. 14 years old, still looking for a home, and still flying!

fox2.jpg

guinness.jpg

fox3.jpg

Ooops. Caught...

fox4.jpg

Now we know why Guinness was so tired later on... :laugh:

tiredpoodle.jpg

Just wanted to add that I'm glad you all had a good time and its really lovely to see the oldies club still bringing people together. Really lovely to see Todd again too, he's looking a little whiter around the face but his coat looks amazing, nothing at all like the scabby stray found wandering in Ireland.

This is one of Kelly Peachy's greys, only I've gone and forgotten his name. But he was so gorgeous I thought I'd show you anyway:

grey.jpg

Duncan does Last Puppy In The Shop: awwwww. I am so not a terrier person, but I do love Duncan.

duncan.jpg

If I remember correctly, this is Spike and his dad. Photo says it all really doesn't it?

spike.jpg

The Mystery Event dog show :

Big Daisy, as a daisy, in the Make A Dog Costume competion. Oh, and Rufus the Wonderdog and a piddly poodle.

costumecomp.jpg

His Majesty Tricks greets an admirer.

tricks.jpg

The Best Trick competition. Mollydog feels that these dogs used the tactic of 'not being a greyhound' to gain an advantage... :D

besttrick.jpg

besttrick2.jpg

Daisy (small) is unimpressed with our dogshow efforts:

daisy.jpg

Wiggle being a bit speshul (and friend)

wiggle.jpg

Awwwwww.

wiggle2.jpg

Oh no! Here she comes again! But this time she has faster competition: it's Louie...

looning1.jpg

Look at those little ginger dogs go!

looning2.jpg

Ob considers joining in

looning3.jpg

But decides that they are too small, and has yet another go at trying to talk Ebbi into playing instead:

looning5.jpg

Kizzy dives in:

looning4.jpg

And somehow they all end up in the middle of JoT's pack, who were very polite about it:

lotsofdogs.jpg

Oh, I missed one:

Brian the old greyhound gets a push start...

pushstart.jpg

Fantastic thread, I keep popping in for "just another look".

What a lovely mix of dogs :wub: :wub: I would be very hard pressed to pick out favourites.

The camp site looks great, I might have to get my tent and camping gear down from the attic and give it all a dusting for the next Oldies outing. I am really tempted after seeing this thread.

Thank you everyone for the fantastic weekend. We got home, unpacked, showered and had a afternoon nap :rolleyes: The red duo managed to get up for dinner and then fell asleep again and even this morning they didn't want to move :laugh:

I managed to make ZERO pictures :rolleyes: so please post some more. However I can't believe we were the 'norty' corner :D