UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Our Beautiful Issie Has Had To Leave Us

Jacobean

Issie our beautiful 14 yr old Italian Spinone became ill last weekend. Started vomiting and couldn't stop. Vet thinks she had some kind of infection. Ran blood tests and organs were fine. We took her to the vets every day last week. She spent one day on a drip. We never gave up hope and really thought she may pull through.

She wouldn't take food or water herself so we syringed these to her. She had trouble taking on food. We did manage to start getting a small amount of white fish into her and she kept it down. Sadly all too late. Her immune system just couldn't fight this time around. She went rapidly downhill in the early hours of Monday morning and we rushed her to the vets to help her pass peacefully and to stop her suffering. Her breathing went weird.

A year ago to the day she collapsed with a Vestibular episode. She came round ok but it took her a while to recover from it. At the time I asked that we have another year with her. I should be grateful that this plea was granted. As they say be careful what you wish for.

It also means it's a year ago and a few days since Sheena had her leg amputated. So I was reflecting again on how cruel life can be as that only helped her a few months before she passed away. Although it was worth it to see her so happy and the change it made for her.

The vet was wonderful. So compassionate and caring with us and Issie. Kept calling her sweetheart and was so gentle with her. She had been receiving Reiki and thoughts from many and was calm throughout the whole week. He told me to talk to her to reassure her. He didn't need to. I told her things I told her every day. How much I loved her, how beautiful she was and what a wonderful girl she was. I thanked her for bringing joy into my life and making me laugh. People who met her thought she was amazing. And she was. I'm heartbroken. We had a very special relationship. I looked after her and she looked after me. She was wonderful after Sheena died. She wouldn't leave me alone and was trying to comfort me. The love for me shone from her eyes as I'm sure mine did to her. Spinoni are a fantastic breed and I know some of her nature was down to that. I idolised her and life will never be the same without her.

She had a wonderful life before she came to us. Living in the Suffolk countryside. Villagers used to stop and chat to her, some on horseback. She was a firm favourite. Neighbours adored her as well as family. Sadly the owners had no option but to give her up and she came to us on foster. Unfortunately not long after their parents died one after each other. They discovered photos of Issie in all mum's handbags and amongst some of dad's possessions alongside their grandchildren. Not surprising as she was beloved by the whole family.

She soon got herself settled here and caught us under her spell too. I was bowled over by her. She had such a huge personality. Wonderful and naughty sense of humour. Loved to make me laugh. She loved a good playfight and playing with her toys. It was lovely to see her bounding around like an overgrown pup and playing the bumbling fool. She was clumsy and my toes knew it. We chatted to each other. She used to woof back at me. Was so intelligent and had the most beautiful eyes. Very expressive and looked at you deeply and knowingly. She could counter surf for England and has made off with the Xmas turkey in the past. Each year she tried it on but we had been pre-warned. Although she did manage to pinch our tea on more than one occasion.

She was a huge presence here and we're devastated. We had the great pleasure and honour of living with her for 2.5 years. Night night sweetheart. I love you so much. We will be together again when it's my turn precious girl. :wub:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Michelle, what a beautiful tribute. Your love for Issie shines through :flowers:

:GroupHug: to you, Martyn and all who loved and cared for her at this time :GroupHug:

Rest well Issie, you brightened many lives, and may you now run free, fit and young again at the bridge :wub: :flowers:

say Hello to my crew if you see them please :flowers:

Edited by nouggatti