UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cracking Ponies In

Trallwm farm

Sadly I wouldn't cut the mustard for one of yours either :unsure:

What you said about my colleague made me think, if rescues go by instructors references I'd be pretty much scrued if I didn't have Thug :(

Out of the local riding stables round here, one of them I just jailbroke my horse out of :wacko: (yes, they do lessons) :ohmy:

The stables I used to hack out from a couple of years ago I wouldn't have lessons from as the instructors aren't instructors at all, they're just people who lead the lesson and get free rides out of it. (My daughter got trampled there whilst on lead rein because two of the lead rein people couldn't be bothered and were squabbling over who had to lead her round - most weeks I would be the only parent leading their own kid round so I cut her losses as everything they were teaching her I could teach her). So we bought Glynn from the one and only BHSAI instructor there who never bothered telling us that he had been a stallion - in fact, in her desperation to sell him she told us he was a 1st pony (he is getting there thankfully now).

The stables I learnt at 22 years ago were the roughest you've ever seen in your life, they were the only ones accessible by bus as a 12 year old and most of the tack was held together by baler twine. Public liability was something unheard of and BHSAI was someone dyslexic who couldn't spell bonsai :wacko:

The only decent yard shut down in 1990 because it was bought out by non horsey people who didn't have a clue.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately, whilst I did not learn at a school, my Y/O is BHSAI and she has taught me on and off for the last 12 years.

I think people sometimes see rescues as the easy option - and think that they are doing the rescue a favour.

Being little has it's disadvantages Jacky - I struggled to get on my friend's 17.2 mare, even with a mounting block!! :rolleyes:

Sadly I wouldn't cut the mustard for one of yours either :unsure:

What you said about my colleague made me think, if rescues go by instructors references I'd be pretty much scrued if I didn't have Thug :(

Out of the local riding stables round here, one of them I just jailbroke my horse out of :wacko: (yes, they do lessons) :ohmy:

The stables I used to hack out from a couple of years ago I wouldn't have lessons from as the instructors aren't instructors at all, they're just people who lead the lesson and get free rides out of it. (My daughter got trampled there whilst on lead rein because two of the lead rein people couldn't be bothered and were squabbling over who had to lead her round - most weeks I would be the only parent leading their own kid round so I cut her losses as everything they were teaching her I could teach her). So we bought Glynn from the one and only BHSAI instructor there who never bothered telling us that he had been a stallion - in fact, in her desperation to sell him she told us he was a 1st pony (he is getting there thankfully now).

The stables I learnt at 22 years ago were the roughest you've ever seen in your life, they were the only ones accessible by bus as a 12 year old and most of the tack was held together by baler twine. Public liability was something unheard of and BHSAI was someone dyslexic who couldn't spell bonsai :wacko:

The only decent yard shut down in 1990 because it was bought out by non horsey people who didn't have a clue.

That is why we ONLY accept references from properly qualified people

Redpoints010.jpg

152hh TB Cross countrygirl

OMG you have to spill more abuot this divine animal. I've even been on your forum for more info and feel bereft that there is none there. Please, please, please. She is just toooooo bluddy gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub:

OMG you have to spill more abuot this divine animal. I've even been on your forum for more info and feel bereft that there is none there. Please, please, please. She is just toooooo bluddy gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh that one...yeah we get them all the time.

Phone me and I will tell you more

Now even I can see theres something special there :wub:

Megs has now been snaffled by a gentleman on a 2000 acre private estate who already has two of our horses,one being retired. so is now going to have a wonderful life.

However taking Megs place immediately at Trallwm Farm will be a wonderfull ploddy cob,15.2hh who was once in a trekking centre so safe for everyone to ride.