UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dear Bessie - An Rdr Dog - Gone To The Bridge

eduardochick

www.rochdale-dog-rescue.com

No. 1527: BESSIE

Bessie needs a rescue space.

GSD, female, approximately 12+ years old. She is black and tan in colour with a standard coat, is a little shakey on her back legs and needs a bath, poor girl! Bessie is a steady elderly lady who needs somewhere cosy!

She will be put to sleep on Tuesday 17th June 2008 if she is not claimed, a rescue space is not secured for her or if funds are not available for emergency boarding.

BessiePound.jpg

I have cross posted this from our Poundies urgent help required page. We know that you are inundated at the moment with requests but is there any way that the Oldies Club could help Bessie please? Her time is up next Tuesday and we are desperate to find her a safe rescue place. Please have a look at our website.

Thank you so much

Deborah

For Coryn

Edited by ReikiAnge
Title amended

I don't deal with the foster/rehoming side for the OC but we don't have any spaces :mecry:

Have you seen our article: http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39565 - we have 47 dogs on the waiting list, waiting for foster homes to come available :mecry:

Have you tried GSD rescues? I am sure you have but am trying to think of who else could help. It's just all so desperate :(

No of course no one minds you asking :flowers:

We know how desperate it is for you guys trying to get the dogs safely out of the pound too :mecry: - it's always worth asking and you never know who might read this and be able to think of another alternative for you to try.

It's a very sad situation for all :(

We do check the poundies list but sadly we're not able to take any in at the moment with a waiting list of 47 dogs and more and some of those are desperate. :( Plus we don't have kennels so all of our dogs go into foster homes.

Edited by Jacobean

I am afraid to say that we have lost Bessie today

When the girls went into her kennel this morning her legs had gone. She was taken straight to the vets but the vet said she had possibly suffered a stroke and the kindest thing would be to let her go

R.I.P. now Bessie

Deborah

For Coryn

Edited by eduardochick

That is so very sad for the old girl to die in this way without the comfort of a home.

I had just returned from a walk with my gang when a friend of mine told me a lady around the corner to me had just lost her GSD, and was actively looking for a new old dog. I logged in to check on Bess only to see she had died. So sad that bad luck always overtakes your good luck. Bryan

I am afraid to say that we have lost Bessie today

When the girls went into her kennel this morning her legs had gone. She was taken straight to the vets but the vet said she had possibly suffered a stroke and the kindest thing would be to let her go

R.I.P. now Bessie

Deborah

For Coryn