UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal To The Hospital Again

BillyMalc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for all your good thoughts and wishes, it really is much appreciated :flowers:

Malcolm is back on his beloved sofa :wub:, the whole experience has knackered him out completely. According to the oncologist this session would be the longest, because they had to sort out the doses and places where to aim them at - or summin :wacko: The next session shouldn't take longer than half an hour (he was there for just over 2 hours, while I took Kiera for a nice little walk). He did whinge quite a bit when I got him back, and I was thinking of the first time I got him back after they'd done tests; he was really whingey and sleepy then too. Might ask next time if they could possibly lower his doses on those fronts, depending on how Mal is later today. The oncologist said that, if the lymphoma had only been in his gums, the radiotherapy would possibly lengthen his life expectancy by up to 3 years, but as his lymph node had also been affected, they were looking at 9-10 months :( Wasn't really happy with hearing that, it's information that I can't do anything with and I don't want to spend the next 9-10 months counting dow; I'd rather be oblivious and judge Mal's life expectancy by how he himself is doing. So far he's defied common sense as it is :) Am now thinking of what he would like for dinner tonight. Pancakes aren't the healthiest, but I bet they'll go down well :wink:

Edited as this post was copied twice! I think once is enough already! :)

Edited by BillyMalc