UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Has The "rdr Thread" Run Its Course

Pingu

The RDR thread  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't really know my way around this forum yet, but as a 'current' Dp member , I would really, really like the following to happen as I feel certain that as the word spreads many many more Dpers will want to be able to read this thread.

Could a summary be made regarding the main points as to the reasons given that certain rescues can't post on DP and the lies that have been told about them.

Could a summary (or a new thread) be made listing the ordinary members that have now been banned as a result of posting on this thread.

Can it still kept open in such a way that as new people come to this forum over the next week, they can still express their views (I don't know how that can be done, maybe by leaving it unlocked for just a couple of hours each night and mark it that way).

If it is closed can it please be pinned somewhere really obvious to that new members can find it easily. (this forum is a bit confusing for newbies).

Thank you

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ok then.

leave thread open until 16:00 on saturday

then it wil lmove to the archive section and be pinned.

After that point if anyone has a valid addition to make thread can be reopened (and moved back to DC) so comments etc can be added.

how does that sound?

I think that very sensible and fair :flowers:

I can't vote in this poll for some reason but yes I agree the thread has run its course.

I agree with the reason the thread was started and how it has given people the chance to rebutt allegations made against them.

I also believe that without proper answers being given to the questions posed that the thread cannot continue and that the questions posed by members should be extracted and pinned and the thread closed.

If i'm really honest I always had doubts about DP but the latter part of the thread has left a very nasty taste in my mouth.

Anne's post in t'other thread was spot on, people have to learn about all this for themselves, as uncomfortable as it is to read at times. All new members are a likely to go along with the board consensus, it takes time to "settle in" and then learn to read between the lines (or read whats blatantly posted in some cases!)

So you think people should choose either / or too? :unsure:

Voted first option.

So you think people should choose either / or too? :unsure:

Voted first option.

I know I'm not wickychoo and I'm not sure what you're getting at but thought it was worth pointing out that many people here including, most importantly the owner of this board, has stated that people are free to choose to post in whatever forum they like with absolutely no ramifications whatsoever. There is absolutely no 'you need to choose/should choose to post on one or the other etc etc'

I know I'm not wickychoo and I'm not sure what you're getting at but thought it was worth pointing out that many people here including, most importantly the owner of this board, has stated that people are free to choose to post in whatever forum they like with absolutely no ramifications whatsoever. There is absolutely no 'you need to choose/should choose to post on one or the other etc etc'

I replied to Anne's post in t'other thread saying that I was getting a feeling some people would prefer others to make a choice - realise that that doesn't really make sense in this one,unless you've read the other one first. But thanks for saying that you don't feel that way. And notice Rick said the same thing too.

I replied to Anne's post in t'other thread saying that I was getting a feeling some people would prefer others to make a choice - realise that that doesn't really make sense in this one,unless you've read the other one first. But thanks for saying that you don't feel that way. And notice Rick said the same thing too.

You're welcome missus :flowers: I would imagine that view, if it exists, would very much be in the minority and also a lot depends on how you interpret peoples posts. To be honest I'm sure a lot of posts recently could be misconstrued one way or another. Rather than take this thread off topic perhaps you would be better taking this question up via PM with the one or two people that you feel have expressed such a desire.

Edited by tegk68

You're not going to get everyone agreeing on each point Maria. There is no party line. Everyone is allowed their opinion. I'm not bothered where people post as long as nothing bad is said about my rescue from now on. I'm not allowed to post on DP. It doesn't worry me. I have no problems with anyone else posting there. Some will agree with me others won't. It doesn't bother me either way. :flowers: