UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

Emma it might be worth your mum taking in her own food to feed grandad. If he can't feed himself properly the nurses may forget to, put it infront of me and then wheel it away when meal times are over. Plus if the food is anything like I had while I was in it's positively dreadful and even if he's hungry he may be put off it. I know I ended up not eating much in the end because to be honest it knocked me sick when I did.

She has been, shes also got him his own spoons as they are straight at the end and so he doesn't spill as much and a beaker for him to drink out of.

Forgot to mention, the root canal and crown I had done (badly, cos it went a manky colour after 3 months several years ago) fell out last week.

Most of the tooth was out, just a sliver of eye tooth and the root left.

I superglued it back in with locktite.

It's still there :laugh:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had C. Diff, got rid of C. Diff, had C. Diff, got rid of C. Diff, had C. Diff, got rid of C. Diff, had C. Diff, got rid of C. Diff, in between had more water infections, collapsed lung (which the hospital still won't do anything about) and is hardly eating (and they haven't put him on a drip either).

Mum says when she went last night his eyes were all sunken in to his sockets and his skin is very transparent :(

Oh and he's got C. Diff back again.

Em am very sorry to hear this, :GroupHug: to you all

I can empathise as my Dad was in hospital last year for twelve weeks after a colonostomy (sp?) and he got that awful transparent skin and shrunken eyes too, hope everything is ok :flowers: It's a bit of an ongoing battle isn't it?

I'm now doing 9 to 1 and 4 to 7.30, so the longest break is about 4.5 hours. I've handreared kitties and had to do 3 hourly feeds with Melps Amber in the past, so I know how tiring it can be getting up for work after broken sleep.

I'm really not in a position to take her on long term but if she needed a foster Mum I'd have a go. But I'm guessing they'll not be short of offers :rolleyes:

She IS very Oooky though. Sigh.

Good luck Claire :flowers: Whatever you decide will be best for you and Feather :flowers:

She has been, shes also got him his own spoons as they are straight at the end and so he doesn't spill as much and a beaker for him to drink out of.

Forgot to mention, the root canal and crown I had done (badly, cos it went a manky colour after 3 months several years ago) fell out last week.

Most of the tooth was out, just a sliver of eye tooth and the root left.

I superglued it back in with locktite.

It's still there :laugh:

Jeez and you tell me after I've spent many hours and a kings ransom at the dentist :laugh:

Anyway I'm off to bed, nn all, sleep well :flowers: and good dreams :)

Sorry your Grandad is still so unwell, Em :flowers:

I have just PMed Kelly this pic of my erection in the sunset, so that her OH will recognise it when we go flying:

tower.jpg

I'm very fond of my carbunklylandmark.

I'm off to bed now, to dream of smelly poopies with puppy breath, spikey teeth and velvety soft coats :wub:

Night Fugees :wavey:

Haven't caught up properly on here yet but I think a few people are off on holiday - so hope you all have a fantastic time :flowers: (don't want to start naming people as I'm bound to forget someone!). If you've already gone, hope you're having a good time!

Morning :wavey:

Beau, you be-oo-tiful boy, I hope your paws are better soon :wub:

Ingi :GroupHug:

We had a humdinger of a storm here last night, constant lightening and thunder for ages, boy was it loud.. and the rain :rolleyes: Luckily no dog here is bothered at all, which is good for whoever has Rosie, but i was worrying for all the scared animals out there :(

Talking of which, Rosie has visitors on Friday, so fingers x'd please :)

The sky engineer is coming today, so thats a good reason to get off my butt and muck out... isnt it?? :unsure: :laugh:

Edited by chasta

Morning! :wavey:

It's bucketing it down here! Chasta, can you ask your sky engineer to come and fix the sky over Manchester? They've obviously opened over night and they can't shut it any more! :rolleyes: I'm sure my plants have got enough water by now.

RMQ: I've got to take a sample of Mal's wee for the vet, but how on earth will I be able to get a sample in this weather without getting rain water in it too? :wacko: It'll be well diluted!

moorning. its piddling down here too but having put a shed load of new plants in and laid turf last week im quite happy for it to carry on.

billy stick a measureing jug under the flow, you only need enough for a small wee bottle so you get the sample, pour it in the bottle and tip the rest away.

moorning. its piddling down here too but having put a shed load of new plants in and laid turf last week im quite happy for it to carry on.

billy stick a measureing jug under the flow, you only need enough for a small wee bottle so you get the sample, pour it in the bottle and tip the rest away.

Catching it is one thing, getting it into the sample bottle without it being diluted with rain is another! :laugh: I'm quite sure I can't get Mal to stand still for long enough so that I can use him as a shelter :wacko: Oh well, vet will just have to make do with what I can manage. It's for a follow up on a urinary infection that Mal seemed to have last week, but has now completely cleared up anyway :)

Morning.

Work is calling but I don't want to gooooooo :(

I have one wet lurcher sulking on my bed because she feels her walk wasn't long enough this morning, and one whuppety boy sulking on the sofa because he was forced to go out and it was raining :ohno02: :laugh: