UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

Guiness update - She didn't get to come home last night as the vets wanted to monitor her.It's her kidneys apparently.They gave her an antisickness injection and were possibly putting her on a trip.I can't wait to bring her home.I miss her! They will be putting her on a renal diet to see how she gets on with that.

Will update again with more news.Hopefully to say she is home.I can't believe how much u lot chat

:GroupHug: hope Guiness is back home with you pronto

I have the shitz. It's most unpleasant. Having to keep trousers undone in readiness for emergency loo dashes.

Yuck.

Morning all :flowers:

:GroupHug: sending you and your bottom healing thoughts, not nice :(

Melp wear a skirt & no knickers then you can just squat down & pretend you're picking up dog poo any time you need to - will account for the smell too :flowers:

:biglaugh:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah, has Flora been swimming recently or wagging her tail excessively?
I missed the bit about Flora's tail, sorry. Max had that when we went on holiday and he was in the sea. I thought for a moment he had broken it as usually he is very waggie but then he wasn't wagging at all and it looked very odd. It was that "cold tail" thing and luckily I had read about it before and realised what it was. He was ok after a day or so. It doesn't have to follow being in water I gather, it can just happen after being very waggie. As I missed your post Sarah, feel free to ignore if this is entirely irrelevant :flowers:

Thanks guys :flowers: She did go swimming in the river on Sunday but it wasn't for very long and she hasn't been wagging excessively. Vet man says it isn't broken and she has feeling in the end of it so he's hoping that it will be all fine after 5 days of metacam :unsure: I can't really remember if he told me exactly what it might be and why there is an actual kink in it because my brain was going "inthevetsagain:can'tleaveherforx-rays:needtogohome" :(

DitzyLips: I do hope that Guiness is home with you very soon :flowers: :GroupHug:

I have the shitz. It's most unpleasant. Having to keep trousers undone in readiness for emergency loo dashes.

Yuck.

My arse hurts, my belly hurts and I feel generally cack. I'm now at the stage of dabbing me bum ever so gingerly after every visit.

Is that too much information? :unsure:

Really need to walk the dogs. Might need poo bags for me as well as them :mellow:

Melp wear a skirt & no knickers then you can just squat down & pretend you're picking up dog poo any time you need to - will account for the smell too :flowers:

:sick01: and :biglaugh: I hope you feel better soon Melpy :flowers: and have you seen the pics in Doggie Chat yet?????

This is my constant refrain as well! My little sister would be drowned long ago if she hadn't learned to bob like a cork from about the age of 8 weeks, she was always falling into deep water as a toddler, it was like she was the reincarnation of a dolphin: water anywhere near Anna result: SPLASH!

I have a 12 year old boy who has always been the same and is not much better now :rolleyes: I still have to pack spare clothes if I suspect that we're going to be anywhere near water :rolleyes:

I am home for lunch. Had a very interesting chat with the Sales Manager - i.e. he dished the dirt on the admin manager. Apparently she's driven each and every person in that department out. Some have got so far as putting in complaints but no one's followed it all the way through (because I asked how the hell she got away with it). He said that she makes it her aim to wear people down and "there was a girl who lasted a few years - she was as strong as you are - and in the end it got to much for her".

It amused me that I come across as a 'strong' person......

Methinks the new office manager is in for one hell of a bumpy ride and can forget the plans for the office she told me about. And I feel very very sorry for the school leaver who's just been offered a job there.

I am home for lunch. Had a very interesting chat with the Sales Manager - i.e. he dished the dirt on the admin manager. Apparently she's driven each and every person in that department out. Some have got so far as putting in complaints but no one's followed it all the way through (because I asked how the hell she got away with it). He said that she makes it her aim to wear people down and "there was a girl who lasted a few years - she was as strong as you are - and in the end it got to much for her".

Methinks the new office manager is in for one hell of a bumpy ride and can forget the plans for the office she told me about. And I feel very very sorry for the school leaver who's just been offered a job there.

Why do the company let her get away with it? If she's single handedly responsible for a high turnover of staff that can't be good for their profits, let alone if someone does eventually take it further and they end up paying out. And all those poor people that have worked there in the meantime :unsure:

Elaine that's awful, does the company not have an anti-bullying policy? :angry: They are ultimately responsible for not doing anything about her.

This is my constant refrain as well! My little sister would be drowned long ago if she hadn't learned to bob like a cork from about the age of 8 weeks, she was always falling into deep water as a toddler, it was like she was the reincarnation of a dolphin: water anywhere near Anna result: SPLASH! Our parents got tired of fishing her out and made me do it.

I was the same as a child - fortunately my mum taught me to swim before I could even walk and I was a real water baby.

Garage told me to try and find a second hand one and they would fit it for me. How the heck am I supposed to find time to go to a scrap yard!

Try ringing round a few scrapyards and finding out if they have one in first - or else try eBay cos you might find one on there :flowers:

Laura I hope Guinness is home soon :flowers:

Why do the company let her get away with it? If she's single handedly responsible for a high turnover of staff that can't be good for their profits, let alone if someone does eventually take it further and they end up paying out. And all those poor people that have worked there in the meantime :unsure:

I honestly don't know. I don't understand it myself. She's been doing it for 14 years :ohmy: It's bad of me to hope that the office manager does quit - because I'd appy for the job and if I got it, I'd fight her every step of the way. She won't let anyone just get on with something - she has to check all work, at least once, sometimes twice. No one has any confidence in their work because they know she'll find some fault (imaginary or otherwise) with it. Initiative is a dirty word. She criticises a member of staff to the others - yet she can come across as nice as pie. I've not had a problem with her, but maybe my 'strong' appearance has given her a heads up not to f*ck with me :biggrin:

Melp, as you have a sore bum use those moistened toilet wipes [the ones for people not the parazone type!! :wacko: ] instead of ordinary toilet paper. When i have bouts of dire rear due to IBS it makes things hurt a lot more with loo roll, my doctor says it has a sandpaper effect on sore bums :laughingsmiley:

I would worry why he felt it neccesary to tell you all this.

Is he feeling aggrieved by her in some way like she has the job he wanted.

Edited by Trallwm farm

Andrea, try Copes at Earlswood Ask for John. He is really helpful 01564 579876

Cheers hun :flowers: Will try him later.

Jacky, Send one here. I'm craving 'bad' goodies :mecry:

I don't know, might be something to do with losing the eye as they said he'd lost it during a fight with another dog.

He can't be from working stock or he wouldn't be small furry friendly but who knows, there's nowt strange as folk and after seeing that poor lab who got kicked out because he'd had to have a leg amputated anything is possible :(

:( Wonder if they have two dogs who arent getting along? Shame he is so far away. Would have been worth going to assess him properly. I hope that he finds a lovely home. :)

:laugh: :laugh: @ Moonboo

I am scared of quitting :mecry:

Actually I'm hoping that the takeover will actually be a good thing for techy people like me - it seems quite likely that they will run the company on so techy people who either write the software or use and support the software (like me) will be kept on. Sales people (like my boss) may well be got rid of though

i know you are right (and I know that if sam squiggs saw this she would be telling me off) but i also know it's not going to happen any time soon. Things are mainly ok usually, but this last week has been horrendous, i've been snappy with the dogs and a complete and utter bitch over the weekend. I think my OH was very glad that he was away over the weekend. Frankly I was venemous over the phone to him and was quite horrid. I need to see the doctor really (I hate going to the doctor :( ) cos I think it's hormonal and i can't go on with this complete breakdown once a month.

I've just asked my boss if I can swap my rostered day off on Friday for either Monday or Tuesday next week (I will hopefully have a hospital appointment). He has said a point blank no as it is too hard to keep track of :wacko:

I keep track of the engineers days off (we work a 9 day fortnight) the guys have been swopping their rostered day off for ages - its a piece of piss to track and normally works in the companies favour as it means less people off in one go, otherwise we would have half the team out on a Friday every week. This friday only one person will be in if I don't work as the others on duty are out on business. Everyone is in the office on both Monday and Tuesday, frankly me being in the office on Friday is a good thing, but he has still said no. I have to take the day off as holiday - he is such a prick, I have to take the day as holiday as I will not tell him why I need to go to hospital and refuse to come into work on that day (I don't want to considering why I'm going in, but because I wont' tell him why I have to take holiday.) I don't want to tell him why I'm going in -it's personal, he doesn't have to know does he?

In the abscence of Samsqiggs, please consider yourself told off, and why dont you just take a day or two off sick? :GroupHug:

Afternoon. Another scorcher here today but a nice light breeze so not so overpowering.

Have been to the bank for Oldies.

Hope Guiness is home very soon and treatment helps him. :GroupHug:

Having had 2 nasty tum bugs this year I sympathise with you Mel. :GroupHug:

I've been wondering for a while what's happened to Muriel. Haven't seen her on here for ages.

I honestly don't know. I don't understand it myself. She's been doing it for 14 years :ohmy: It's bad of me to hope that the office manager does quit - because I'd appy for the job and if I got it, I'd fight her every step of the way. She won't let anyone just get on with something - she has to check all work, at least once, sometimes twice. No one has any confidence in their work because they know she'll find some fault (imaginary or otherwise) with it. Initiative is a dirty word. She criticises a member of staff to the others - yet she can come across as nice as pie. I've not had a problem with her, but maybe my 'strong' appearance has given her a heads up not to f*ck with me :biggrin:

She would drive me insane, and into a wibbling wreck, probably. I worked for someone once who used to go through my reports / presentations with the Word equivalent of a red pen and 'correct' my work - it can really knock your confidence after a while.