UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The London Marathon 2008

boosboss

I spent this morning chasing Sirius and Nigel around the Marathon route, but unfortunately didn't manage to spot them :unsure: They managed to keep one step ahead of me all the way.

However, not was all lost. The atmosphere along the route was incredible and I did mange to get some pics of some other truly amazing people. :)

No prizes for identifying this individual

001-3.jpg

Costumes a plenty :rolleyes:

011-6.jpg

010-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

013-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

009-5.jpg

002-5.jpg:ohmy:

Some of the UK's finest

008-7.jpg

006-8.jpg

and some of Africa's finest

004-6.jpg

014-7.jpg

and finally! This man epitomised the spirit of The London Marathon as He smiled his way around the route.

012-5.jpg

Well Done to ALL the participants :)

Edited by boosboss

They interviewed a lot of the people you've captured on TV. The massai warriors were running to raise money so that their village can have water. They have to travel 100 miles at the moment to go get it. Your pics are really clear. Gordon Ramsey had terrible cramp when he finished. The London Marathon is a fantastic event and always has such spirit to it. Always amazing stories and you are always reminded how lucky you are.

My son Daniel won the 11-13 years old wheelchair race, came home with a big cup,well done to daniel and all his friends in the wheelchair mini marathons :biggrin:

Very well done Daniel :flowers: I saw him on TV when they had all the winners on of the mini marathons lined up :biggrin:

The photo of the man with the crutches made me fill up. What an inspiration.

The Masai warriors looked magnificent, I hope they get their well.

Marion

My son Daniel won the 11-13 years old wheelchair race, came home with a big cup,well done to daniel and all his friends in the wheelchair mini marathons :biggrin:

Well Done Daniel, wow what an achievement !

Amanda x

Well done Daniel :flowers: I'm not sure where you live but if he is into doing further mini marathons then we have one near us in October. My partner organises a half marathon, plus mini marathon. He launched it this morning with Dave Moorcroft. If you might be interested in it then feel free to pm me.

I enjoyed watching the London one on telly. I find it hard to imagine running that far, I really do.

I went out first thing yesterday to start getting ready for the Great Manchester Run in aid of Greyhound Gap. I had a bad back and then hurt myself snowboarding so I know only have 5 weeks left to get ready. OH took me out. He went on his bike and timed me. I only did just under 2 miles and my legs are killing. Imagine doing that 13 times :unsure: