UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mal's Going To See The Oncologist Too Tomorrow

BillyMalc

Tomorrow morning me n Malcolm will be seeing the oncology team at Liverpool Small Animal Hospital. I know he has t-cell lymphoma, and I know it doesn't really react to chemo, and that is pretty much all there is treatment-wise :( The reason that I've decided to go through with it, after long chats with knowledgeable doggie friends, is that it will hopefully give me the peace of mind that once I've seen them I've really done whatever I can do for Mal, I won't have to think "if only ...." once he starts going downhill - but of course I'm hoping that they will be able to suggest a treatment that my vet wasn't informed about. Mal is okay in himself at the moment, apart from having the squits again! It doesn't seem to bother him though, we've been for a 2 hour walk today and he had enough energy to be cheeky and play deaf! :rolleyes:

So upon the hospital's advice Mal won't now have anything to eat until after the consultation/tests, and he's not impressed! It also says in the letter though to be prepared to leave your pet for further tests, and I really really really hope that that won't be necessary. I can't bear the thought of having to leave without Mal tomorrow! I know it's a veterinary hospital, and they have round the clock staff and all that, but he'll be in a kennel, without his sofa, and he's now used to getting his honey at night and being taken out before bed! :(

So all in all I'm a wibbling wreck :wacko:

Once you've sent your bestest thoughts and wishes to poor Bumpy, who is also seeing an oncologist tomorrow, and you find there are a few spare, could you please send us some 'Malcolm be home tomorrow night' thoughts? That'd be much appreciated

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic