UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can I Have Some Good Thoughts For George Please

Yantan

I usually meet a friend and her 3 dogs to go for walks thro the week and this morning was no exception.

We were in a field, where we have permission to go, and my friend was throwing a ball for her Staffie x, Mica. Now Mica loves a ball and will do anything for a chance to chase her tennis ball and it's a joy to watch her go after it and bring it back with tail-a-wagging.

Well this morning my friend threw it in the same direction George just happened to be running in whilst following a scent. Mica banged into him at great speed and he flew thro the air like the proverbial man on flying trapeze. I knew at once he was going to be hurt and sure enough when he picked himself up he was holding his front leg up and trying desperately to get back to me. I told him to stay as I was already running over to him which he did and it was then that Mica attacked him :ohmy:

There was a terrible fight and I was screaming at them both to stop. All the while they were rolling around and George was trying to defend himself even tho he was injured already. I was terrified for him as it was a real scrap. I know all about not getting in between 2 fighting dogs but I still tried to grab them but they were just always out of my reach. Finally I managed to grab George's collar and pull him out of it tho Mica was still coming at him but by then my friend had got there and was able to grab Mica.

I just sat down and hugged George whilst checking him over. I rang the vet to say I was coming in but didn't know how long I'd be because we were a fair way from the car and I had to get George back there first. I tried carrying him for a while but what with his weight and my knackered shoulder I could only do short hops with him. As we got back into the wood we met my auntie who helped me get George over a fallen tree. My friend decided to go ahead and get her dogs in the car and bring a towel back to carry George back.

Well we got him back and went straight to see the vet who is fairly certain that there are no broken or cracked bones but George has bruised his shoulder which is also badly swollen. His back leg is also bruised and swollen but he's had a painkilling jab and has some Rimadyl tablets. No walks for the rest of the week but I have to keep him moving in the house as he will be very stiff and the vet thinks it will probably be some weeks before he gets over it fully.

Any good thought for my boy will be very much appreciated. He's 10 this year and really didn't need this this morning :mecry:

My friend has Mica booked into her vets this afternoon as this is the 3rd fight Meek has initiated in the last few weeks and I suggested that perhaps there is some physical thing that is causing her to overreact. Mica is a lovely little girl and I don't want to see anything bad happen to her but her mum is in bits with the worry and feeling guilty over this morning's episode. She is insisting on paying George's vet bill which I thought was very decent of her. And of course the ball will only come out when they are on their own in future.

Marion

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell Marion. I'm so sorry. Sending masses of positive and healing thoughts to him. Mika wasn't being possessive over the toy was she. Could also possibly be getting grumpy if getting older. Good to get her checked out by the vet as you say. Lot of :GroupHug: to all concerned.