UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For Snatch Please - Update P8

staffymad

Some of you might remember that Snatch got diagnosed with a rare form of cancer last September. He had a lump growing out of the cells of his pad on his right hind paw. It was suppose to be slow moving and we did remove the whole lump but it is now back and even bigger. :mecry:

Although Snatch still runs around like a loon, when at home he starts to hold his foot more up and started to lick/nibble the lump (which is still growing).

So we just went to the vets for a check up and the general consent is we need to do something now if it is bothering him before it gets even bigger.

Problem is obviously that Snatch has heart failure and kidney failure so a GA could kill him. :(

We booked him in tomorrow for the OP which will be carried out by the main surgon and we are looking at two options:

1. We will try and remove most of the lump under local anastaetic (which we did last time but we know it is only a short term solution)

2. He will have to go under GA and we will remove the whole toe :mecry:

My vet and the surgon will ring me once they have discussed and checked Snatch over again after i dropped him off in the morning and will suggest to me what they think is the best action (and as I trust my vet 100% I am really happy about this approach).

Please, if you can spare some good thoughts for my little miracle boy, that would be much appreciated.

Cindy :(

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic