UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Nervously Waiting

Judith gsd

Went to Crufts last Sunday, even rang home to make sure the pregnant foster cat was okay, Monday, Tuesday, nearly a whole week has passed and still she is getting bigger! We don't know when they are due as she came in already in kitten. I was talking to my friend and fellow cat fosterer, when her other line rang, she said she'd call back later.

Less than an hour later, the call that had come in in fact, was from someone who said he had a cat with him which has been hanging around for a while and he thought it was giving birth, he went to look and he said she had a kitten already! My friend said she cat screamed all the way home, so she was very stressed driving home as fast as she could safely.

She will not say that she has just one foster cat again! Off to go and see them now, as I need the experience for our mum to be! By the was now there are 2 kittens!

Thankfully when my foster cat was pregnant I didn't have to wait long. She'd been left behind when her owners moved house and arrived with me just two days before giving birth. I checked on her before Corrie and by the time the adverts came on she'd had two! The next two arrived a few hours later but I was there to watch :wub:

The pretty little girl is so friendly. She had 3 kittens in the end, unless she has one or two more (I think cats can be mated twice and give birth separately?). Unfortunately I was just too late to see any born. But I am so glad I went, they are so clever, finding their way to the milk bar and so lively. The last kitten, white with black patches, kept getting muddled and going the wrong way, eventually though, he managed, and a loud sucking noise could be heard.

We are still waiting for our foster cat to give birth, she has had a wander around, presumably looking for somewhere to have them, but still no babies yet, perhaps tonight?!

I'm sure mum will be fine. Have a good nights sleep and you never know, you may be a foster granny in the morning. They do remarkably well with little intervention.

I bet you are so excited. :rolleyes:

Please report back in the morning with any news.

Had a 'phone call this morning at about 9.00 am from my friend. Another kitten appeared presumably during Sunday night. This time a little black one!

Her OH had fed the cats and not noticed the extra one. Angie was surprised and stayed off work just in case any more appeared!

We have made a box for our foster cat. As soon as she saw a piece of flat cardboard on the floor she just sat in the middle of it, as it to claim it as her rightful place. She has been laying down inside it ever since. She was sick earlier this morning and had a good clear out in the litter tray. So we may have some kittens soon. The vet said on Thursday she was very near, babies are still moving, we are still waiting!

Well? What's the score then?

Well she kept us waiting until Tuesday last week! That doesn't seem long I suppose, but when the vet said on the previous Thursday that she was very near to having them, it seemed an age. I kept sitting up with her until after 1 am every night too. On top of that my sister's kittens started to suffer with a tummy upset and one nearly gave up. So between vet visits, small regular feeds and the enquiries about the kittens, plus a home visit, I am quite tired. Just when I start going to bed at a more reasonable time I have a really miserable cold.

We had a very nice tortie (just like her Mum) born at about 8.52 am. I think she waited until the children had gone to school and she could concentrate! At about 9.30 she had a little tiny (40 grams less than the others are currently) dark grey tabby and white. A little later at about 10.15 she had a large ginger and white. About an hour later she had yet another tortie, she seemed bigger than the others, but now they have been weighed, the 3 larger ones are all about the same weight of 195 grms.

The ginger and white kitten seems to have one eye open, and trying to open the other one too. We also think the others are trying to do the same, which is very exiting. Mummy cat also had the "bug" last Saturday, so we were off to the vets again with her for treatment! However she is eating well now and feeding her kittens happily, looking very proud and content with life.

Kittens and Mum

Well she kept us waiting until Tuesday last week! That doesn't seem long I suppose, but when the vet said on the previous Thursday that she was very near to having them, it seemed an age. I kept sitting up with her until after 1 am every night too. On top of that my sister's kittens started to suffer with a tummy upset and one nearly gave up. So between vet visits, small regular feeds and the enquiries about the kittens, plus a home visit, I am quite tired. Just when I start going to bed at a more reasonable time I have a really miserable cold.

We had a very nice tortie (just like her Mum) born at about 8.52 am. I think she waited until the children had gone to school and she could concentrate! At about 9.30 she had a little tiny (40 grams less than the others are currently) dark grey tabby and white. A little later at about 10.15 she had a large ginger and white. About an hour later she had yet another tortie, she seemed bigger than the others, but now they have been weighed, the 3 larger ones are all about the same weight of 195 grms.

The ginger and white kitten seems to have one eye open, and trying to open the other one too. We also think the others are trying to do the same, which is very exiting. Mummy cat also had the "bug" last Saturday, so we were off to the vets again with her for treatment! However she is eating well now and feeding her kittens happily, looking very proud and content with life.

Kittens and Mum This is supposed to link to http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ultraslowfli...842905260666962 If it doesn't please copy and paste to see them all.

A reminder on how to post pics would be appreciated!

Kittens and Mum

Edited by Judith gsd

Kittens and Mum