UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Labradors Attack Too!

tegk68

My girl Suki does not like other bitches but as soon as I see any other dog she is put straight on her lead. A neighbour of mine has a similar sized dog to Suki who hates Suki but they never think of putting her on the lead. I was trying to get home the other day when she came running back towards us and started fighting with Suki. All I got was a mumbled apology when he finally got a hold of the dog.

Kick it, may not win me any popularity contests here but a strange agressive

dog intent on harming any of mine would get my boot hard until it decides that

retreat is the better alternative.

my dogs Vs strange agressive one = no contest in my book

Kick it, may not win me any popularity contests here but a strange agressive

dog intent on harming any of mine would get my boot hard until it decides that

retreat is the better alternative.

my dogs Vs strange agressive one = no contest in my book

I am very tempted to but Suki seems to get the better of the other bitch. She's not afraid to fight her corner (unlike softy me!)

Oh god Helen what a bloomin' nightmare - hope your crew are all okay :GroupHug:

The guy with the lab must have let her out of sight for quite a while though as it sounds like she had time to have a go at both Aggie and your friends dog :( He may not have expected to see anyone else but he should have at least kept his dog in sight so he knew where she was and could react if necessary :(

The guy with the lab must have let her out of sight for quite a while though as it sounds like she had time to have a go at both Aggie and your friends dog :( He may not have expected to see anyone else but he should have at least kept his dog in sight so he knew where she was and could react if necessary :(

I agree. Bumpy can be a little b*gger at times with other dogs, but when he is offlead, he is never out of my sight. For his own safety as much as anyone else's.

Big :GroupHug: 's to Aggie and your friends Lab, Helen. Norty Bert and Barney for running off and leaving the girls :rolleyes: :wub:

The first day I had Dexter (he was very nearly one :wub: ) I took him for an onlead walk round the park and he was attacked by an offlead male black lab, he grr'd in retaliation but didn't fight back. It wasn't til I got him home I realised how badly he had been bitten and he ended up staying overvight at the vets (and guess who hadn't rung up to insure him :( ).

In his youth Barney was always up for a scrap (but more in a wrestly way than an aggresive way if you get my meaning) so when offlead he always had to stay close.

Hope Aggie and your friends lab are OK today :flowers:

Bert and Barney shame :blush02:

Most of my problems with Zen were caused by off lead black lab attacks, he now hates black dogs !!!

I can to a degree sympathise with the lab owner, I tend to go to out of the way places to let Zen run and enjoy himself but I I think someone is about he will come back immediately when called.

At least the owner dived in and got his dog, I;v e lost count of the times a useless owner has stood by and wtched be struggle.

Oh no, Helen, I hope Aggie and the others are OK and nobody's too traumatised.

I see the point about him maybe not expecting to run into other dogs in a quiet spot, but if he knows his dog can be stroppy it would be much safer to muzzle her.

I'm afraid my dogs are very wary of labs, mainly because they are bouncy and some of them seem to have no respect for other dogs' personal space, but we've also run across a couple of dog-aggressive young labs, one of whom flew across two fields just to lay into poor Taz.

Poor Aggie, I do hope that she is ok and not too traumatised by it all. :GroupHug: for you and her.

My Ebbi was attacked and injured by two male black labs a couple of years ago. She is a rather large rottie for a girl and both dogs were smaller and lighter than her but they did quite a bit of damage to her. Ebbi is a complete softie and didn't retaliate at all.One attacked her from behind and one jumped on top of her and they were very nasty. There was nobody in sight to call them off and they only retreated when Jessie (the stroppy jack russell) flew in after them and got there before I did.. Eventually a young lad of about 12 or so called them back to him from a long way off. It didnt affect Ebbi, she is still everyones best friend, I hope it doesn't affect Aggie or the others x