UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hellllllllllllllllp!

sparkle

Since M&S have turned I need to change my policies, they are all under M&S and their policies have all increased by a third (even those which haven't had any claims! :wacko: )

I need a policy which will do cover that still covers an illness year after year ... does anyone know any insurers which do this?!

:flowers:

I have 3 dogs insured with tesco on the extra policy, they are covered up to £4000 each per year in vet fees, with £60 excess and it costs me £31 per month :rolleyes:

In the past with another dog -she ate a cassette tape and it cost £665 for the op- Tesco paid out straight away. Then last year she became ill and diagnosed with Acute Leukaemia- i phoned them to tell them of potential claim, she died 5 days later at a cost of over £600, they gave me a courtesy call to offer sympathy and to inform me that payment had been sent out within 3weeks of them receiving the claim. My policy premium did not increase other than normal inflation.

For me, Tesco insurance have been fantastic. They are friendly and helpful when you phone them and have been quick and helpful with 2 claims and they haven't penalised me for those claims :rolleyes:

If you do a search for insurance, there is a previous thread I started which makes some recommendations :flowers:

It is very important IMO that you do your homework in terms of comparing cover and prices (there are relatively few which are what I would term 'excellent' in terms of cover). A lot of the more commonly used ones did not offer life cover, but were relatively expensive.

ETA linky to previous thread.

Petplan are good but the excess is high and they are expensive.

I went for Axa, excellent cover (lifelong) and they were also the cheapest.

Edited by madmerle

Axa are also a lot more efficient about processing the routine paperwork than M&S (who on one occasion took 3 months to send me my policy documents and forgot to take payment until I phoned to remind them).

Az is with Tesco, and I also had a good experience when I claimed from them, though their policy covers less than the Axa one, if I remember correctly.