UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hellllllllllllllllp!

sparkle

Mal and Kiera are both with AXA. Last year I had lots to pay before Mal was diagnosed with cancer. I left the claim forms with our vet's to fill in and only a couple of weeks later I received a cheque for way more than I expected to get back. Mal's premium has also gone up by a third but it seems that all insurers have decided to give their customers a steep price increase this year :(

Thanks guys :flowers:

Not phoned Axa yet Alex, will do in a bit, work is busy :rolleyes: Animal Friends people are the best so far, lifetime cover, and 100% of their net profits go to animal charities according to their website :)

I rang them and nearly fainted with Ozzy's quote. I didn't dare ask about Angel. :ohmy:

I'm with more than, and i have a claim in at the moment for Ozzy. We'll see how they fair payment wise. I really need the money back now :(

There is a HUGE difference between M & S and AXA - and it is why I will never change to AXA.

The M & S policy states that they will not pay "any claims that result from any illness that your pet should have been vaccinated against. For dogs, vaccinations should be for distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus."

Compare that to the wording in the Axa policy:

You must comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of Your Policy. If You do not comply We may at Our option cancel the Policy or refuse to deal with Your claim or reduce the amount of any claim payment.

- You must ensure that Your Pet is vaccinated each year against distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis and parvovirus

They may look the veryt similar, but there are two key differences. One is that the entire AXA policy could be invalidated if you chose not to have your dogs vacciantd (even on veterinary advice). Secondly, my vet (like an increasing number nationally), follow a three yearly vaccination schedule.....which again, means that they qwould not be covered by the insurance, even though they have been vaccinated to the schedule that the vaccine is licensed for!

Axa may look like a good deal - but if you try and make a claim, you may find yourself battling :(

I just looked through the AXA pets policy booklet (http://www.axa.co.uk/pet/documents/PetsPolicyBooklet.pdf) and it says under what they will not pay:

Any claims that result from any Illness that Your Pet should have been vaccinated against. For dogs vaccinations should be for

distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus and for cats feline infectious enteritis, feline leukaemia and cat flu.

Which seems to me to be much like any other policy :unsure: It doesn't imply that not vaccinating each year will invalidate the entire policy?

But <disclaimer> of course if you are taking out the policy and this concerns you, then don't take my word for it :)

Did you find your quote on line NP? It doesn't seem the same as the above which I just took from AXA's site.

It annoys me that companies won't cover vet bills for conditions arising from not-vaccinating, OR pay claims for problems arising from vaccinating though!

Did you find your quote on line NP? It doesn't seem the same as the above which I just took from AXA's site.

Yes, it is on page 11 of the policy document you linked to :cool: It is the only policy I have seen that specifies vaccination each year.

My vet won't vaccinate my dogs for all the the conditions AXA require each year, as he would be breaching the License of the vaccination if he did, so AXA is not for me :flowers:

Yes, it is on page 11 of the policy document you linked to :cool: It is the only policy I have seen that specifies vaccination each year.

My vet won't vaccinate my dogs for all the the conditions AXA require each year, as he would be breaching the License of the vaccination if he did, so AXA is not for me :flowers:

Spoke to Axa about this today.

It does not mean that you have to vaccinate against each of those diseases every year. What it means is that you need to vaccinate each year and your dog must be protected against those as per the advice of your vet. Axa's first port of call would be your vet and if your vet says they were adequately protected then they accept that. If vet says that the protection was inadequate then all that would happen would be (worst case scenario) that that particular condition would not be covered. They would not cancel your policy.

Any insurance policy (including M&S) will tend to exclude cover for conditions which should have been vaccinated against, so you wouldn't be claiming for them anyway.

Another plus point I have found with Axa – if you ring up you get straight through to a very helpful and knowledgeable real live person – no machines! :biggrin:

Edited by madmerle

I think that is the problem with all insurance companies, they have lovely offers and the suddenly they go up.

I cancelled now nearly all mine with M&S, even PetPals prices went up, plus their excess, though VIP broker said it would be unlikely.

I am with Halifax now, but they are underwritten by Axa and I suppose in 1 or 2 years time premiums will hike up too :(

I am seriously considering not having pet insurance for the not working dogs...

Even if Axa hiked my premiums by 50% in a couple of years, they would still be cheaper than what I'd be paying if I stayed with M&S, so the way I look at it, I've had a couple of years cheap insurance and the cover is still excellent.

Edited by madmerle

I've just insured Abby with axa, unfortunately I have to keep Arran with m&s for the moment, if his missing nut drops I will move him but if not he will stay with m&s until I can get him done.

Do they cover for neutering if he is one nut short? :unsure:

I thought they didn't cover neutering in any shape or form.

I have just changed two of mine to Halifax (in December) and my third one will be changed next month on renewal. I am saving £180 per year for the three of them and getting the same cover. I have a £50 excess and have just had to claim for one already since she sliced her foot on New Years Day and have had no problems with them, even when I had to call them after initial claim to say that another infection had set in and would need to claim more. They told me just to fill out another form circling that it was a continuation claim and I will have no more excess to pay. I am certainly happy with them.